New Radiator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Goodie

Goodie

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

Just had a very productive day fitting a new radiator and fans to my 'yellow plastic box'. The fan had seized solid and was hanging down at the back. Used the pdf guide from the forum, which turned out to be excellent. I didn't need to jack the car up and removed the wheel arch liners by turning the wheels to full lock. One addition I would add to the guide, would be to have an electric or air powered file, as this makes it much easier to remove any seized screws. The radiator I used was from Coolex in Nottingham, and I also took the opportunity to fit mesh over the heater inlets and fit an upgraded towing post from Dave Hardwick which I painted black to hide it from view through the grill. To anyone attempting to replace the radiator or remove the front clam, it's not a particularly difficult job as long as you have basic diy knowledge, take your time and follow the excellent guides on the forum. One tip would be to put the bolts you remove in separate labeled bags. Makes it easier during re assembly. Also you can mark bigger locating bolts with an indelible pen before you take them out Another good idea is to take pictures on your mobile as you go along for reference.

#2 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Cheers Goodie. Tackling this next weekend and with a Coolex one as well. thumbsup

#3 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

I purchased one of the Westfield turbo / rad kit from coolex at the kit car show and seems good quality. Going on friends kit car and just finishing solid mounting of sr20det conversion Never used their products before but positive or will do what's needed 😎 The fun I have had over the years with vx220 rads and clam removals 😁 DG

#4 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Fun you say :D

#5 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Except your one! 😁 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users