• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

Yes standard but good one
I have a picture on my pc Wich show the difference between good standard conrods and bad one:

Posted Image

Edited by vadonchez, 22 June 2017 - 08:07 PM.

#22 2-20

2-20

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

In the UK, it seems that you don't really mind about these rods difference... am I right to think so ???? Are you aware of them ???

Edited by 2-20, 22 June 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#23 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

it seems that some engine was built in US with with "small" conrods

People say that engine with a serial number wich begin by TAxxxxxx have small conrods but I proved today that's wrong...My engine is TA but conrod are the good one...

And somebody one french forum found "small" conrods on a "german" engine with serial number wich begin by 11xxxxxxxxx

So i think that there is no relation between serial engine number and conrods type.

It seem's too that most of engine have "big" conrods

#24 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

both types of standard z22se conrod are okay for below 260bhp thumbsup

#25 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

You seem to have the (rare) weaker conrods.

There was a thread in the German forum about the diferent conrods they used in the Z22SE engine, as Hitec found that 1 type had more rod failures that the other type...
(http://forum.opel-sp...dpost&hl=pleuel*&pid=349452 )

#26 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image]

Posted Image

Edited by Exmantaa, 23 June 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#27 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

why did you say that ?

If you look at the picture i have posted you will see that i have the strongest one

#28 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

I don't have personal experience with broken conrods, but this is the text from the German forum to those pictures. (From Hartmut; Hitec tuning): Ich finde es merkwürdig,dass manche Pleuel einfach so abreissen.Es ist eher Zufall,dass da auch mal ein Kompi oder Turboumbau dabei ist.Bei Seriensaugern passiert das genauso. Ich habe schon einige Motoren umgebaut - dabei ist mir aufgefallen,dass in den SE-Motoren unterschiedliche Pleuel verbaut sind.Nachforschung bei Opel:Nö,kann nicht sein... Das linke Pleuel ist eine Rarität,ist also selten vorzufinden.Bei ca. 20 Motoren 2 mal ! Leider kann man daraus noch keine Statistik ableiten,weil 20 Motoren zu wenig ist. Das Linke Pleuel hat einen etwas klobigeren Pleuelfuss,dafür dünneren Schaft und die Oberfläche ist sehr rauh wie bei einem Feingussteil. Wenn der Abriss bei Cu mit dem "komischen" Pleuel war,könnte man vielleicht Rückschlüsse ziehen... Gruss Hartmut

[ http://forum.opel-sp...ic=23296&st=390 ]   So the conrod on the left is sometimes found in a Z22SE engine. The right one is much more used. The bottom of this left one looks heavier, but the actual shaft is thinner according to Hitec. (I'm not saying that this rod type will not hold the Stage 2 ~250 bhp's, as I have not see one engine fail here in NL... :sleep: )

#29 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

ok so we (french forum people) were wrong...We believe that the strongest was the left one and the weaker the right one....

Ok so my TA engine is equiped with the "weaker" even if some guys say that the conrods are not the problem, that's the pistons wich could break in supercharge application.......

I d'ont know what to do.....

#30 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

it's quite simple, if you do not want to worry about piston or rod failure on a SC then replace the conrods with the Eagle steel versions and replace the standard pistons with forged items

If you are not that bothered then run at around 250bhp and enjoy your car

#31 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Most people in the uk keep the engine std unless going over 260 bhp. It is thought at this point you should forge the engine. There is some debate over the pistons as some think they are ok until 300bhp. I would not risk the conrods over 260 bhp and as yours are an unusual kind I would say change them to be on the safe side. If you are staying around the 250bhp mark I would keep the pistons std.

#32 EdT

EdT

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

I was always under the impression that uprated rods / bolts are only required when revving higher. It's not power that damages them but revs? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#33 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

the z22se conrods have been 'tested' a few times at 270bhp, they seem to break at that power for some strange reason :lol:

#34 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

hi guys

Could it be a good idea to buy only the b207r block and keep my head in order to run a stage 2sc safely?

Idea is to avoid to modify my low mileage z22se and avoid doing something wrong.

I found a brand new b207r in france with head gasket and timing chain kit for 1350£ not cheap i agree....

Vocky you seem's to use the b207 with z22se crank is it possible to keep b207r block without any mods, and add my head?

By this way i should have less mods to do to fit because i don' have oil blank plate and ingnition mods to do....

Am I right?

Edited by vadonchez, 25 June 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#35 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

whaou!! compete engine brand new ffor same price that only the block in france!!

http://www.ebay.co.u...E-/282364075577

good deal no?

#36 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

whaou!! compete engine brand new ffor same price that only the block in france!!

http://www.ebay.co.u...E-/282364075577

good deal no?

#37 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

I would just SC your current low mileage engine thumbsup

£995 for a B207, the only difference between the B207L and B207R is the cams, which are both worse than z22se cams anyway

http://www.ebay.co.u...NAAAOxyFiRRzBaK

#38 navx

navx

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

Look in the group buy section for an even better deal from the same supplier to forum members.

#39 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

price proposed in GB topic is good!!

Need to collect more info on B207r conversion before place order but it's very tempting!!

#40 vadonchez

vadonchez

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

hi guys

i finally installed my supercharger on my vx with my oem internals.

do you have a picture about the boost control actuator (bypass valve) fitting on the eaton?

I'm asking you that because my car power is only 210 hp after measure....And i saw that my bypass throttle is closed when engine is idling and open on full throttle which is not the correct operation if i'm not wrong...

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users