15 replies to this topic

#1 vx220 Graham

vx220 Graham

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

Hi All

question and help

Ive a really nice VX 220. Never messed around with or tracked. total original. only 22k on the clock. always looked after. Vocky has done the chain etc. Polished more times than driven. I'm sure you know what I mean .

Now at 55 I am I need of making a decision. Do I store it in hopes in 5 or 10 years it will at least hold it price or sell it. I don't need the money for another car so I'm quite lucky.

I'm only driving the car about once a month. always afraid to park in car parks . it seems to get used for a trip to the coast and that's it. (By the way I am fit and able to get in and out lol)

should I keep it or sell it? what would you do? Normally decision making isn't a problem for me but this is a hard one due to the pleasure driving the car gives me but I'm also aware in five years time a 60 year old in one of these cars me look daft lol (BMW Z3 would suit more) 

#2 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

This says it all to me : [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]pleasure driving the car gives me.[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Drive more, its not going to be devalued at that mileage !![/color]

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Sell it, you barely use it and you look daft as you are far too old for it. Image is everything and you musn't look bad, eh? :rolleyes:

#4 2-20

2-20

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

With your way of thinking, I would sell it... You are not addicted enough... Who care of looking daft.. When you drive it no one see you... Uniess you drive it too slow...

#5 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Keep it. If it's as nice as it sounds, it's a classic car and will suit you in your later years too.

#6 james_ly

james_ly

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Prime candidate for a supercharger ;)

#7 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Couldn't resist:

Hi All

question and help

Ive a really nice wife. Never messed around with or tricked her. She's totally original and looks great for her age. Always looked after. Vocky has done her. Looked at more times than driven. I'm sure you know what I mean .

Now at 55 I am I need of making a decision. Do I ignore her in hopes in 5 or 10 years she will just leave, or, do I divorce her? I don't need the money for another wife, I'm done with wives, so I'm quite lucky.

I'm only driving her about once a month. Always afraid to park in car parks, you never know who might chap on the window . She likes a trip to the coast and that's it. (By the way I am fit and able to get in and out lol)

Should I keep her or dovroce her? What would you do? Normally decision making isn't a problem for me but this is a hard one due to the pleasure she's given me but I'm also aware in five years time a 60 year old with a wife as good looking as this will look daft lol (an older woman with a purple rinse would suit more).

My decision, keep her. She sound's like a good 'un. Why change now after all those happy years and memory's.... 

#8 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

You youngsters, no fibre!!  Mine is a 2003 NA with 21k and not messed with, utterly standard.  I'm 73 and still using it regularly and almost always top off, love it!  Yes, I fret about leaving it in a car park too but it is not a museum piece and neither am I so, keep it, use it and when you can't get in or out any more, that is the time to sell and take a profit.  Don't think yourself into old age!  Oh, forget the Z3 by the way, I had a 2.8 back in the day and remember always feeling somehow unsatisfied with it, the rear suspension just lets it down.    

#9 vx220 Graham

vx220 Graham

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

You youngsters, no fibre!!  Mine is a 2003 NA with 21k and not messed with, utterly standard.  I'm 73 and still using it regularly and almost always top off, love it!  Yes, I fret about leaving it in a car park too but it is not a museum piece and neither am I so, keep it, use it and when you can't get in or out any more, that is the time to sell and take a profit.  Don't think yourself into old age!  Oh, forget the Z3 by the way, I had a 2.8 back in the day and remember always feeling somehow unsatisfied with it, the rear suspension just lets it down.    

Many thanks for that Madmitch.

taking on board all the points you have covered. I'm keeping it. even if its a once a month drive.

thanks you

73...... not doing bad to be getting in and out of the car. nice one

#10 vx220 Graham

vx220 Graham

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Couldn't resist:

Hi All

question and help

Ive a really nice wife. Never messed around with or tricked her. She's totally original and looks great for her age. Always looked after. Vocky has done her. Looked at more times than driven. I'm sure you know what I mean .

Now at 55 I am I need of making a decision. Do I ignore her in hopes in 5 or 10 years she will just leave, or, do I divorce her? I don't need the money for another wife, I'm done with wives, so I'm quite lucky.

I'm only driving her about once a month. Always afraid to park in car parks, you never know who might chap on the window . She likes a trip to the coast and that's it. (By the way I am fit and able to get in and out lol)

Should I keep her or dovroce her? What would you do? Normally decision making isn't a problem for me but this is a hard one due to the pleasure she's given me but I'm also aware in five years time a 60 year old with a wife as good looking as this will look daft lol (an older woman with a purple rinse would suit more).

My decision, keep her. She sound's like a good 'un. Why change now after all those happy years and memory's.... 

Nice one . I like that. Funny thing Is I do have a 42 year old girlfriend lol

great wit

#11 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Keep it, use it more before your back gives out and sell it when you can no longer get in the car any more!

#12 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

Seriously. Keep it. You will never have more fun with your socks on....

#13 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Prime candidate for a supercharger ;)

Exactly my first thought!

#14 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Just use it more, worry less. If you don't use it the next owner will and probably fit a big gay wing etc etc. Try and use it more 👍

#15 ditonics

ditonics

Turbos aren’t as good as NA’s

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Marks cat, Joes Mum and Stuarts skills with a wonky erection.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

You're my hero for the day.I hope I still have lots of impractical fun cars when I'm in my 70's. Respect

#16 Ali87

Ali87

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:30 AM

Just use it more. After a few stone chips/full on hoon rash and a wee drop osmosis you'll become less precious about it and enjoy it even more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users