How To Check If Non Standard Map?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nt208

nt208

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

I'm curious to check if i have a standard map on my turbo. What's the best way to do so?! I have an obd reader and torque pro app so are there some key parameters of fuel and ignition i could check? Thanks Nick

#2 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

you could see what the maximum mass air flow sensor reads , or what the boost peak figure is.

standard rev limit is 6800

or if you fancy a drive to Egham , I can read the map off and explain what you have and some remap options

#3 nt208

nt208

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

Thanks. I might just do that. Do you have a RR facility? I'll PM you

#4 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

Wanting to return to std or wanting remap? Isn't boost psi normally a tell tell sign also the flat spot

#5 nt208

nt208

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

I just want to know what I've effectively got and then decide next step. I was led to believe it was standard. Having just got the ability to see boost via obd im seeing a peak of 15psi but I do have the, or at least a, flat spot about 4k rpm. Overall its important that I ensure it is done correctly and reliably. The car does have the vxr turbo, full miltek with pre cat delete and i assume sports cat along with few other mods so would benefit from a map that is not standard.

#6 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Thanks. I might just do that. Do you have a RR facility? I'll PM you

Sorry no RR , impossible to justify the cost of a Mustage MD150 which is about £60k +vat and the workshop rent to house it here in Surrey.

Instead I do a mobile service and will travel to UK/Europe clients. I use a dyno at Mini1320 for the at the wheel power figures and to do comparison runs against other popular stage maps versus my own 260pack and higher options.

But all the development work is done on my own VX on road and track, the key thing I work on is the driveability.

#7 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

Standard map has a flat spot around 4K If u have this your standard, if not you most likely have a remap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users