• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Ok I can't believe I'm doing this, I'm just putting the feelers out as I've seen a car I could potentially see myself replacing my beloved tubby with. However if the car in question sells before my vx goes then I will be keeping my vx.

This is a very reluctant sale and I may see sense and withdraw the ad but here goes -

Owned for the last 10 years and bought from standard. Upgrades with receipts totalling well in excess of £10k. This has been a totally pampered road use only car.

Stunning Sapphire Black 2004 Turbo with red/ black colour combo interior
Mmg Stage 4 - 290bhp ( Done 8k miles since upgrade)
39k miles with FSH ( Every stamp in book + receipts)
Larini back box/ miltek down pipe and 100 cell cat
Helix paddle clutch/ lightened flywheel
Mmg large intercooler/ tophat
Pro alloy intake pipe
Vxr turbo/ actuator
Vxr injectors
Stage 4 plugs
Turbo gaskets
Powerflex inserts
80mm air mass meter
Genuine Black hardtop with bag
Remote central locking
Nitron street series 2 suspension ( Set up and geo'd by Mike at Sports car services, only done 3k miles)
Ats Dtc wheels in gunmetal grey with virtually new bridgestones all round
Rear deffuser
Disks and mintex 1144 pads ( replaced all round within last 3k miles )
Cambelt/ service completed October 2016 including waterpump
Private number plate S9 VXT
Speed camera detector!

This has been garaged and used as a weekend toy in the summer months hence fantastic condition. Usual stone chips to the front clam but certainly not obvious.

The car has been looked after by either Mike at Sports Car Services or Liam at Mmg, I'm sure either would vouch for the condition of this car.

It goes without saying this is a very fast car so no test pilots please, serious genuine enquires only as I may only have a small window to sell.

Difficult to price but based on the condition, history and spec of this car I think it's a very rare example and opportunity for someone, hence £18500, yes top money it is but you get what you pay for! Pm me if you have any questions, this only be available on this forum for the time being.

I will let the pictures do the talking!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

The rear badges are at a funny angle. Have the badges been off at some point and reapplied wrongly?

#3 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

The rear badges are at a funny angle. Have the badges been off at some point and reapplied wrongly?

The rear clam was replaced under warranty in 2007 ( due to bubbling), I got in touch with Vauxhall head office just in time before they started to refuse replacing them luckily. That would explain the badge not quite being at the angle you mention. I removed the rear Vauxhall badge myself recently, think it looks better without. Just to add car is obviously hpi clear, non cat car and no outstanding finance.

Edited by denno, 06 August 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#4 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Looks like they didn't replace the plastic trim over the exhaust either. Cracking looking car, GLWTS.

#5 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Looks like they didn't replace the plastic trim over the exhaust either. Cracking looking car, GLWTS.

Thank you and no the plastic trim was replaced but they don't seem to last very long!

#6 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

Looks great, good luck with the sale, very high end of the market

#7 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Looks great, good luck with the sale, very high end of the market

Thanks mate, you're right it is top end but don't think there are many left like this, hence why it's an incredibly tough decision for me.

#8 Crank

Crank

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Cars, music

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

PM  :happy:

#9 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

PM  :happy:

Thanks for the interest, you have pm.

#10 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

Be interested to see how this goes. Put mine up for £12500 recenty. Similar spec to your's albeit more miles at 80K but no interest at all.

#11 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Why not, sounds and looks a mega car. Soooo many rough cars out there its unbelievable, by the time you factor in costly repairs on a rough car your well on the way to this amount. yep I'll also be watching with interest. Good luck chap

#12 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Just to update on this, unfortunately I had to let the interested party down as the car I wanted sold before I could view. Work commitments and distance made it difficult to see it in time so I missed out. With regards to my car the interested buyer was prepared to pay the full asking price, so might give you guys an idea of what a mint low mileage car could go for, if anyone is thinking of selling.

#13 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

V6 Exige?

#14 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

That has been a car I've thought about and admired for some time, but no, was actually a V8 F-type 😳

#15 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

That has been a car I've thought about and admired for some time, but no, was actually a V8 F-type 😳

A very worthy upgrade. I know mbez wanted one but settled on the lessor v6 moddle and is still very happy with it.

#16 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

A very worthy upgrade. I know mbez wanted one but settled on the lessor v6 moddle and is still very happy with it.
Yes he did say he loves it and doesn't miss the vx or Exige v6 he had, for road use at least. I'm definitely swayed towards the f-type over the Exige to experience something completely different. The Exige is an awful lot of money to have for something so similar to what I already have in essence. Although the safer bet in terms of I know what it has to offer. The f-type is more of a risk being a totally different animal to what I'm used to and have enjoyed for the past decade.

Edited by denno, 12 August 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#17 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

Yes he did say he loves it and doesn't miss the vx or Exige v6 he had, for road use at least. I'm definitely swayed towards the f-type over the Exige to experience something completely different. The Exige is an awful lot of money to have for something so similar to what I already have in essence. Although the safer bet in terms of I know what it has to offer. The f-type is more of a risk being a totally different animal to what I'm used to and have enjoyed for the past decade.
I don't think mark has looked back since selling the exige. It's biggest issue was it was way to similar to the vx and a lot more money when it came to tracking it. The F-type isn't going to hold its money quite as well but it ticks more boxes and can be used all year round and to pop down the local shops.

#18 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Just right for the elderly gentleman 😄

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users