• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

VX220 for sale, proven 500bhp, The car and myself are known on the VX220 forum.

Murders anything on the road. Lotus evora S didn’t stand and chance, failed miserably... Porsche turbo couldn’t keep up, King of the road!. Really is the fastest thing I have ever experienced. And such an easy drive for 470bhp, holds the road well.

There is more power available, I capped it at 470 as it was plenty for me, the engine has been built to last and can take more power. Originally the engine was built for a Harrop 1900, so plenty more options for extra BHP,

48k on the clock, Only 3k since the full rebuild...full build thread can be viewed on the vx220 forum. The owner specializes in Hayabusa race engines for Radicals owns TMS racing, they have built some amazing cars. The engine build was carried out by the one and only Vocky, search him on the VX220 forum or on the Z22SE forum Vocky is the guru in the Z22SE world.

This engine has been built to last, and not to be compared to something that has been knocked up in a back street garage, In my opinion built by the best, Its had alot of research, development and money to get it to this stage. All of the hard work has been complete with an engine that has hardly had any use.

How fast is fast. Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 700 bhp/690 nm @ 1575 kg = 444 bhp per 1000kg Bugatti Veyron 1001bhp/1250nm @ 1880 kg = 532 bhp per 1000kg

VX220 1cobrav8 Edition 509 bhp/498 nm @ 930 kg = 547 bhp per 1000kg

Reason for sale to fund my new build house. If you come down to see the car, you will see for yourself, Im knee deep in concrete.. I’ve hardly had time to use it. Im in no mad rush to sell, im needing the money early spring next year, looking for excuses not to sell :0)

Would love the option to buy it back in the future, my plans is to finish the house remortgage and buy another, if someone wants to own it for a year and sell it back to me, I would kill for it. It’s my 3rd vx in under 2 years ;0) im hooked and by no means my last.

Heres Richards old ad as below. The cost to build this was above 20k without taking into consideration the 46k donor car or any of the research development, labour and extra’s such as the carbon bits/wheels etc etc.

cost just spiraled as with all projects like this! I have between 28-30k in this car so for someone wanting serious power without all the hard work then this is it!

Chassis/Body My camera isn't great, The cars Red Calypso 47k only HPI Clear, never tracked yet! Team dynamic wheels mint with AD08 tyres fitted Intrax suspension Racelogic traction control unit, With Launch Control, needs fitting I bought it a few months ago, will include it with the car at full asking. MMG Rear Diffuser Front & rear light lens, all replaced. Front splitter with stays Ultimate Carbon Turbo Ears Carbon extended turbo rear spoiler Carbon fibre detailing interior Hardtop and Soft top Ali indicator stalks New side engine mounts Front and rear engine mounts have polybush inserts Body work has a few marks blemishes around it and the front is quite stone chipped etc, and a couple of cracks, not a sign of any bubbling. Cars spent most of it life in a garage. Engine Full 3" tullet - no cat, sounds amazing! Darton sleeved B207 block bored to 89mm Custom JE 89mm pistons All new genuine mains and big end shells Eagle H beam Conrods ARP head studs Gasflowed cylinder head Stg3 Comp Cams Supertech oversized valves Supertech valve springs Supertech Ti retainers New Genuine timing Chains Vocky balancer delete kit B207 sump TTV flywheel Complete bottom end assembly has been balanced Helix 6 Paddle clutch Spitfire fuel pump Pro Alloy charge cooler kit with single fan High flow charge cooler pump Harrop 1320 supercharger addictive, sounds fab.  LSJ throttle body Obd Tuner Ecu Aquamist MW50 injection system AEM wide and lambda sensor

Engine is currently fitted with a 2.7 pulley and has produced in excess of 500bhp! Graph to prove. Currently backed of to a comfortable 470bhp. The car is amazingly quick as you can see has been built with no expense spared!

Improvements area’s Body work has a few marks blemishes around it and the front is quite stone chipped etc, and a couple of cracks, not a single sign of bubbling paintwork, or early warning signs of osmosis/blisters. It seems this car has escaped it. Judging by the condition, the Cars spent most of it life in a garage. None of the above detract the look.

I lost the accelerator pedal twice in my ownership error message P1271, reset the igniition turned engine off turned it back on fault and light disappeared. Never came back, never felt the need to investigate further. Im told pedal sensor issue. Common issue.

Front windscreen fitted a little off centre one side, hence the hardtop has a gap, again never bothered me, and really didn’t have the time to readjust the screen. Another common issues when replacing the windscreens.

Asking price 21.990 GBP

Video of vx220  https://www.youtube....h?v=sS9mEQVpBY0 The original build thread on the forum has lost its pics, I have the thread on my laptop happy to share.

Videos of RLM racing. https://www.youtube....h?v=U1Bj2gAT1Xw https://www.youtube....h?v=M3JUk2p9b54 https://www.youtube....h?v=FACCtNJZJCE https://www.youtube....h?v=XIMfhAKYciY

More build pics on flickr https://www.flickr.c.../157403834@N02/?  

#2 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Good price/performance. Much nicer to drive than a big turbo set up. Smooth AND big power. Wish i had the possibility to drive this one in Belgium...... Really like that car :wub: :wub:

#3 str4nger

str4nger

• 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

still for sale?

#4 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

I believe it has changed hands

#5 turbo2015

turbo2015