• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

This car was built late 2012/early 2013 from a 60000 miles 2002 NA with extensive documented history.

It did its first race in March 2013 at Oulton Park where it finished 1st in class and 2nd in race. Over the next 4 years it competed in MSVR Trackday Trophy, Team Trophy, Trackday Championship and CSCC Modern Classics winning a total of 29 trophies. It has race wins at Oulton Park and Rockingham and many class wins at Brands Hatch Indy, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone National, Silverstone GP, Donington Park, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Rockingham and Silverstone 200 & 300. It is the only car in the MSVR TDT/TT/TDC series (which use the same class structure) to win three separate classes (A, B & C).

In 2016 it competed in class B (the most competitive class with 22 entrants) of the new MSVR Trackday Championship and won class B in the first race at Snetterton 300. It finished the season in 3rd place in class B (from 22) and 10th in the overall championship (from 54). It was one of only 5 cars out of the 54 to finish all 7 rounds.

It last competed at Brands Hatch Indy at the Lotus Festival on 2nd Sept 2017 where it finished 1st in class and 2nd in race. It qualified 2nd on the grid with a time of 55.6 seconds. This car has done a 54.5 second lap in testing at Brands Hatch Indy.

Spec as follows:

Engine

Fitted in May 2016 and built by Vocky with Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Comp Cams stage 2 cams, Supertech 90lb valve springs with titanium seats, Saab sodium filled valves, balancer delete, new water pump, new chains, slight head skim, rebore to match pistons. Cost £3700. It tested at TDi in August 2017 at 168 at the hubs.

It is fitted with Webcon Individual Throttle Bodies and is the only VX/Speedster in the World to run Webcon Alpha Pro5 engine management making it fully user mappable with complete access (comes with a laptop with the software on it). The car was mapped by Alan Collins (who developed the system) of Webcon at Webcons facility.

The Rest:

Gearbox has a 4.17 final drive and a Quaife LSD

Courtenay Sport Lightened Flywheel

Courtenay Sport Uprated Clutch

Motorsport Gear Cables

RC6 Brake Pads

Uprated Ally Radiator with Silicone Hoses

Ally Header Tank

Uprated Fuel Pump

Safety Devices Roll Cage

211 Steering Arms

Nitron 40s

Adjustable Front ARB

Oz Wheels with Toyo R888R

TD Wheels with Uniroyal Rainsport 3s

Three Vent Front Lid

Lotus Hardtops Lightweight Front Clam

Lotus Hardtops Single Skin Roof

Corbeau LE Seat

Sabelt Harness

Driver Cooling With Roof Console

Cold Air Intake In Roof For Induction

Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Side Windows

Lexan Rear Window

Sprint Raised Engine Lid

LED Front Lights With Strobe Feature

Mini Electric Demister

Electronic Fire Extinguisher System

Electronic Power Isolator

SPA Tacho With Logging & Shift Lights

Vibratechnics Race Side Engine Mounts

Poly Inserts In Front & Rear Mounts

EP Uprated Toe Links

Lotus Motorsport Profile Full Width Rear Wing With Supports

Custom Built Tullet 2 ½ inch Exhauxt System

Innovate AFR Gauge

Momo 280mm Sterring Wheel With Quick Release

Quick Steering Rack

Carbonfibre Headlamp Blanks

Adapted Fuel Filler Neck To Accept Quick Fill Churns

Comes with a spares package of:

Hub, Coil Pack, Plugs, Alternator, CV Boots, Mirrors and Mounts, Alt Belt, Throttle Position Switch, Crank Sensor, Driveshafts, Rear Lights, Clutch Spring, Relays and Gear Cables.

Bodywork has battle scars and repairs but is race ready and presentable. Never failed scrutineering in over 35 races. All mechanically good and ready to race and win. 

£12995

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

I love how you describe all the success 'it' has had Mark.. I think you had more than a little to do with that success!!  :D  thumbsup

#3 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

I love how you describe all the success 'it' has had Mark.. I think you had more than a little to do with that success!!  :D  thumbsup

Its a very forgiving car :D 

#4 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Perfect car thumbsup

What's next Mark?

#5 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Perfect car thumbsup

What's next Mark?

TBH in spite of the vast amount of help I have received from Back on Track in the last five years I'm getting a bit old (and unfit) to prepare the car, load it up, set up at track, race it, load it up, drag it home and unload it. Takes me a week to recover :D so I think a few arrive and drives/full support with Supatune Motorsport. They have Puma Cup cars, MR2 turbo and I believe are getting Fiesta Zetecs and an M3. I know and trust (and have raced against) Colin Tester, an ARDS instructor who owns the company.

Edited by fiveoclock, 05 September 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#6 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Forgot to add it also has cooling to the front brakes and the rear clam has been modified so that it can be removed in ten minutes by 2 people.

#7 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Arrive and drive sounds great, allows you to fly to Europe and do some races out there with minimum fuss.

#8 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Bump

#9 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

That's a hell of a lot of car for the money.

Might be worth mentioning it's weight.

GL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users