• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Plastic cars

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

Can anyone recommend where to source / have a windscreen fitted?

Yet to call some of the local windscreen fitters etc - so any advice appreciated. 

Assume they're the same between turbo & N/A? My turbo isn't road registered (Which is the one that needs the screen), so if they ask to provide a registration plate, i'll have to give them my NA reg plate?

Front clam needs to come off anyway, for a radiator replacement. Is it best to have the windscreen done when I get the clam off? And best to have a hardtop fitted whilst this takes place?

What sort of price am I looking at?

Any advise anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

#2 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

I believe you can only get black surround screens these days, same screen for all vx220s, Lotus Europa and Lotus S2

front clam off would be best and fit the hard top.

#3 bigoldhillsroundhere

bigoldhillsroundhere

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

Had my one replaced last year, around £530 fitted, fairly sure the front clam was off at the time 

Edited by bigoldhillsroundhere, 29 January 2018 - 12:37 PM.

#4 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

pop the N/A plate on there, and claim it on insurance :)

#5 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Enquired with a local company near me in Norwich (Direct Windscreens Ltd)

Impressed with the price including fitting. 

Options for both Encapped and Non-Encapped windscreens. (With or without the trim around the edge - The ones that are Non-Encapped rescue the trim from the screen being removed) 

£217 + Vat = Non-Encapped.

£360 + Vat  = Encapped.

#6 bigoldhillsroundhere

bigoldhillsroundhere

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Thats a good price, If you can afford it go for the new black trim, defo looks better than the dated silver one 

I would stick a pic of mine but its a right ball ache trying to load pics up on this site !

Edited by bigoldhillsroundhere, 29 January 2018 - 05:49 PM.

#7 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Thats a good price, If you can afford it go for the new black trim, defo looks better than the dated silver one    I would stick a pic of mine but its a right ball ache trying to load pics up on this site !

I thought it was a good price too to be honest. Just got a few other bits to sort and then I’ll get ordered! Will be going for the enclosed one as the trim on mine is rather beyond its best if I’m honest. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

Enquired with a local company near me in Norwich (Direct Windscreens Ltd)

Impressed with the price including fitting. 

Options for both Encapped and Non-Encapped windscreens. (With or without the trim around the edge - The ones that are Non-Encapped rescue the trim from the screen being removed) 

£217 + Vat = Non-Encapped.

£360 + Vat  = Encapped.

I wonder if they've ever tried to get the surround off

#9 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

No idea of the quality but Ricky Evans Motorsport sell heated S2 screens for £250+vat. Need to add fitting costs though. Couple it with heated seat pads and you could ditch all the blower plumbing and save a substantial amount of weight (Chill...).

#10 kingwowns

kingwowns

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

Autoglass did mine a few years ago with clam on... Just loosened some of the bolts which I recall reading other org members had experienced with no issues

BUT

My guy managed to crack the clam on both sides near the topmost side mounts... Poor chaps ended up paying £600 for a full respray of my front clam after a threat to sue! 

#11 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

Autoglass did mine a few years ago with clam on... Just loosened some of the bolts which I recall reading other org members had experienced with no issues   BUT   My guy managed to crack the clam on both sides near the topmost side mounts... Poor chaps ended up paying £600 for a full respray of my front clam after a threat to sue! 

Had mine done at autoglass Leicester about 3 years. Clam was loosened and screen fitted no issue. So it may have been sheer bad luck for you. Are you still driving my red vx na?

#12 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

No idea of the quality but Ricky Evans Motorsport sell heated S2 screens for £250+vat. Need to add fitting costs though.Couple it with heated seat pads and you could ditch all the blower plumbing and save a substantial amount of weight (Chill...).

This sounds like a good viable option for

#13 vauxhallade

vauxhallade

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

So sounds like the clam has to be loosened ? I've just returned from seeing family & my helpful cousin leaned on the screen. I heard a sound but didn't take much

notice until i was driving home a crack appeared. Bad day all round. How much hassle to get the clam off?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users