65 replies to this topic

#21 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

I used to use 1144s for fast road but then changed to RC5 (never had problems with separation). Always thought RC's had the edge, but not by much. I've changed back to 1144s because they're half the price and for the money RC5's are nowhere near twice as good as 1144s. I think RC5s are way overpriced in comparison.

#22 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

So I'll probably do 1 track day this year, do you think the 1144s will do the job Better?

#23 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

So I'll probably do 1 track day this year, do you think the 1144s will do the job Better?

Better on the road / from cold, should do..  

#24 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

thumbsup

#25 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Cheers 🍻

#26 piwo

piwo

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

Or maybe FCP 1562 i FCP 1560 ferodo DS1.11 ? http://www.ferodorac...ke-pads/ds1-11/

#27 JL37

JL37

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

Yeh 1144's will have more bite,1155's need good temps. If your doing just 1 track day id stick with 114's and with good fluid you'll be fine!

hope car is going well btw!

#28 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Lol, still lurking Jason? Tempted to come back? Yes it's going well, had a larini and some nitron ntr 46's on her and a pro alloy rad but it's been extremely well behaved. Now upto 37k 😪. May well try some 1144's. Cheers guys

#29 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Was thinking of a change to be fair but struggling with a replacement 😪 what else can you buy for the money that can be so quick, used occasionally for work and left safely and cost pence to run 👍

#30 JL37

JL37

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Yeh possibly looking at coming back, got too many projects!  Got a superformance GT40 on order , a lister Bell lancia Stratos in early days of build and an F-type v8. Might sell the jag to help funds and I miss track driving. The jag is easily the most fun ive had in a car (even more fun than the noble). However need to free up some funds for the other 2 and a vx still looks the best thing for around £15K so who knows!

#31 JL37

JL37

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Glad you've had your fun from your VX , I obviously sold it to the right owner !

#32 mementaurum

mementaurum

• Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Fast, small cars

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:35 AM

HI,

about the brake discs and pads : the standard discs and pads are - on the continent - from a Opel Vectra, I don't know what type, but from a car that weights minimum 1400 kg.

That against the weight fully loaded with me in it ± 1030 kg for the vx220 turbo

bye,

#33 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

HI,   about the brake discs and pads : the standard discs and pads are - on the continent - from a Opel Vectra, I don't know what type, but from a car that weights minimum 1400 kg. That against the weight fully loaded with me in it ± 1030 kg for the vx220 turbo   bye,

Cheers chap, very useful 👍

#34 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Yeh possibly looking at coming back, got too many projects!  Got a superformance GT40 on order , a lister Bell lancia Stratos in early days of build and an F-type v8. Might sell the jag to help funds and I miss track driving. The jag is easily the most fun ive had in a car (even more fun than the noble). However need to free up some funds for the other 2 and a vx still looks the best thing for around £15K so who knows!

#35 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Hmmmm v8 jag 😍

#36 WazzaVX220

WazzaVX220

• PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Great Music, Love, Friends, Holidays, Great Wine, Cars, Beautiful places to drive Cars!!!

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

Not familiar with these (Mintex?) Pads you all mention, but can gladly recommend Pagid RS14's.

They will mess up your wheels (unless you wash them front and back at least weekly), but they are really impressive and work surprisingly well from Cold.

You can Hammer them all day on Track with no pad issues. You can eventually overheat the Callipers if you're really trying!

Xx 

(not cheap, but worth it imho)

Edited by WazzaVX220, 14 February 2018 - 01:58 PM.

#37 ee601

ee601

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

FWIW, just to confuse things a bit further, Ive been extremely happy with EBC Yellows on my VX, recommended for me by the guy who used to build my race cars. Superb on track and perfectly good on the road - my cars probably 50/50 track and road. Ive tried a couple of others (though not the ones mentioned above) and didnt get on well with them, mainly from the point of view of pedal feel and modulation...(lack of, that is..)

#38 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:26 PM

FWIW, just to confuse things a bit further, Ive been extremely happy with EBC Yellows on my VX, recommended for me by the guy who used to build my race cars. Superb on track and perfectly good on the road - my cars probably 50/50 track and road. Ive tried a couple of others (though not the ones mentioned above) and didnt get on well with them, mainly from the point of view of pedal feel and modulation...(lack of, that is..)

I don't know anyone that runs EBC yellows and tracks regularly.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]"ebc yellow pads? you can stop a car better with 2 slices of cheese cake in each calliper, henceforth the worst pads I have ever tried, end of message. "[/color]

http://www.vx220.org...ake-pads/page-2

#39 ee601

ee601

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

OOh, I never knew they were so hated..  Maybe I'm wrong, but they seem to suit me.  I'll have to try a set of [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Pagid RS4-2 or CL5+ by the sound of it..[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Mind you, I thought the gorgonzola was good till I tried the Edam..![/color]

#40 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

OOh, I never knew they were so hated..  Maybe I'm wrong, but they seem to suit me.  I'll have to try a set of [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Pagid RS4-2 or CL5+ by the sound of it..[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Mind you, I thought the gorgonzola was good till I tried the Edam..![/color]

Interesting, and you are certainly in the minority with those! I had a set fitted to my VX when I first bought it. Literally the first thing I changed when I got it home :lol: Perhaps ok on track with some heat, but honestly found them completely wooden for road use.. Full set lying in my cupboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users