• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

Does any one have any experience of both of these cars?

Looking at a new family wagon and decided it will be one of these (very different, I know).

Before I go and have a poke around, the question I have is rear leg room and which one has more.

I'm 6ft 4 so need to be able to sit comfortably in the front with a passenger behind me and wondered if anyone has had experience of the two cars.

Thanks

#2 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Plastic cars

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:59 AM

Not sure what age you're looking at... But I had a 2006 525D touring. Loved it. Wasn't the most economical, but quick enough and was like a big armchair. 

My dad had a 2007 Toureg 3ltr V6, which he's then replaced with a 2015 Toureg. He's loved his. Had some issues with the older one, but the 2015 one seems good. 

Pretty sure the Toureg has more leg room in the back, but the middle seat in the rear isn't the best. Fine to have 3 in the back if you're only on a short journey though. 

#3 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

Not sure what age you're looking at... But I had a 2006 525D touring. Loved it. Wasn't the most economical, but quick enough and was like a big armchair. 

My dad had a 2007 Toureg 3ltr V6, which he's then replaced with a 2015 Toureg. He's loved his. Had some issues with the older one, but the 2015 one seems good. 

Pretty sure the Toureg has more leg room in the back, but the middle seat in the rear isn't the best. Fine to have 3 in the back if you're only on a short journey though. 

Thanks.

I have an e91 at the mo, so 5 series seems a natural progression.

Would be looking at 2015/16 in both cars.

No too bothered about mpg.

Have read good things about the Touareg. Middle seat does seem compromised, but very rarely carry 3 in the back anyway.

#4 dstarz7

dstarz7

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Plastic cars

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

Thanks.

I have an e91 at the mo, so 5 series seems a natural progression.

Would be looking at 2015/16 in both cars.

No too bothered about mpg.

Have read good things about the Touareg. Middle seat does seem compromised, but very rarely carry 3 in the back anyway.

I'd head down the Touareg route personally. Only due to personal preference with the ride height & towing etc. Not bad on diesel either - pretty sure it averages high 30's for MPG

#5 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

I am leaning towards that option. The only slight downside is that the tech (infotainment) is now a little dated. Sure I could live with that though.

Thanks

#6 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

Which model/engine would you be going for? Id probably go down the BM route. The F11 5er is a very nicely put together car.

#7 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

Would be a 6cyl in both (diesel). M Sport or R line. Attracted to the BMW as it's a more modern car with better tech—but got an SUV itch though.

#8 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

The BM engines and gearboxes are fantastic. It will be faster (a lot), smoother, more economical and more pleasant to drive - albeit slightly lower down :lol: 

#9 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

You are right on all fronts. My head says BM. I know that's the sensible option. 

Maybe I could just sit on a few cushions for the desired effect!

Think I am going to have to look at both!

#10 james.a

james.a

Proud member of the Northants Pedantic Crew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts
  • Interests:Driving Trigger's broom since March 2010

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Picked up an F11 5 series in October with full kitchen sink spec. Lovely car, very comfortable and some really neat touches with the tech. Not been in a touring though so couldn't comment. 

Hope you get what you need/want fella

#11 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:17 AM

Cheers

#12 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:19 AM

i would never have another bmw again.

I had a fsh bmw 330D e91 with 56k on it... cost me 3k in 10 months!! got rid of it after that.

It was epic when it worked though

#13 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

Had my e91 for 8 years now. In that time had to replace rear suspension and turbo. Other than that, it was as good as gold.

Was only a 320d though, but can't fault it (oh, apart from the rear window wiper not working, bluetooth module packed up and I can't have the rear window heater and radio on at the same time—apart from that, perfect  :huh:  )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users