#1 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Guys (those that matter)

Enjoy your VX's SC'd, Turdo'd or NA. Especially those of you who track. 

It was the only reason I remained here. 

I may see some of you on track from time to time. Take care all.

Max

#2 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

I'm not sure how to delete my profile. Could one of the Techie's please remove me or please advise me how to.

Thanks

#3 Raptor

Raptor

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

read your PM Max then reappraise

#4 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Max,

I don't think we've ever actually met in real life (certainly not properly), and I'm unsure what's gone on here to prompt this, but this site is made richer by the people that frequent. Granted, not the knobs, that may have something to do with your post, but those who still do or have previously had a love for the VX220. I know those that do know you properly (I suspect the people you mention in your post that matter) always talk really highly of you, and I for one would just like to say that I've always enjoyed your posts, whether they were about Ferrari Dinos, homebuilding or whatever.

hope you remain, in some degree at least.

#5 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

:(

Hope to see you at some tracks in the not to distant future Max!

#6 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

I'm not sure how to delete my profile. Could one of the Techie's please remove me or please advise me how to.   Thanks

Sadly you can't delete yourself... I may have asked about it in the past and the forum can't cope. The best you can do it just remove all info from your profile etc and strip it back to nothing.

#7 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

Please reconsider Max

#8 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

I've read your post about your recent acquisition and there's nothing negative on there at all. And I can't see anything elsewhere on recent threads that's having a go at you. So why the urgency to disappear and remove your profile?

#9 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

Max stop being a poof

#10 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

I'm not sure how to delete my profile. Could one of the Techie's please remove me or please advise me how to.   Thanks

Sadly you can't delete yourself... I may have asked about it in the past and the forum can't cope. The best you can do it just remove all info from your profile etc and strip it back to nothing.

Interesting point... Let's not let GDPR kill .org.  Trying to get my head around whether or not it applies.  There may be no public facing link to a real name, but there is a link at the back end!  

#11 Dan r

Dan r

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

Sorry to see this, no idea what's gone on but it's a shame people can be such bell ends to make someone want to leave.Hope you reconsider max.

#12 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:24 AM

Max your are probably the nicest vx owner I have ever met, a true petrol head through and through  :) 

Time you got your vx back on track rallly

#13 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

Max, We have never met but it is clear that you are held in high regard on this forum.  Forums like this have no assets beyond their members, it is they who make it what it is - and this is one of the best, full of quality information and goodwill.  Like others I have no idea why you are minded to leave but would like to say that I too hope you will stay, your contribution is clearly valued.

#14 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

Reading through posts it looks to me like a genuine communication miss-understanding that had no malice attached to it - classic "email" f@ck up type thing where you say something with a happy smiling face thinking it is funny and the receiver takes it the wrong way.

Hopefully Max you can see it for what I do believe it was and will reconsider. It is obvious you are held in high regard on here.  I'm also a selfish git and would love to hesr more about your motors and experiences with them... ;)

#15 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:55 AM

A lot of us haven't owned a VX for years but still hang around. If you are leaving, all the best to you and yours. 

#16 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

I've read your post about your recent acquisition and there's nothing negative on there at all.

It was cleaned. (Which was a good choice for both parties in my book)  

#17 Raptor

Raptor

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:17 AM

Reading through posts it looks to me like a genuine communication miss-understanding that had no malice attached to it - classic "email" f@ck up type thing where you say something with a happy smiling face thinking it is funny and the receiver takes it the wrong way.

Hopefully Max you can see it for what I do believe it was and will reconsider. It is obvious you are held in high regard on here.  I'm also a selfish git and would love to hesr more about your motors and experiences with them... ;)

Bingo - we have a winner. :thumbsup

It is just friendly banter with no inferior motive or anything and it should be viewed in the frame of mind that it was intended and if we were in the pub we'd have laughed it off (probably! :) ) . Given that I've met him twice down at his house over the past year, I can genuinely agree with the character support he's received. That's all.

For transparency I've suggested to Max this Forum is much more valuable with him being around. Ultimately it is up to him to decide that.  I've always considered, in the what 2.5 years? I've been around that .org is one of the thickest skin forums around. Clearly at times this is not the case.

I'm getting back to the serious business of watching Billions and hoping Wendy will finally get to spank Lara Axlerod's fine ass! ;)   :popcorn:

#18 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:45 AM

Sorry to see this, no idea what's gone on but it's a shame people can be such bell ends to make someone want to leave. Hope you reconsider max.

thumbsup 

#19 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

Hi Max,

VX beast gone then ?

#20 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:48 PM

Bingo - we have a winner. : thumbsup

It is just friendly banter with no inferior motive or anything and it should be viewed in the frame of mind that it was intended and if we were in the pub we'd have laughed it off (probably! :) ) . Given that I've met him twice down at his house over the past year, I can genuinely agree with the character support he's received. That's all.

For transparency I've suggested to Max this Forum is much more valuable with him being around. Ultimately it is up to him to decide that.  I've always considered, in the what 2.5 years? I've been around that .org is one of the thickest skin forums around. Clearly at times this is not the case.

I'm getting back to the serious business of watching Billions and hoping Wendy will finally get to spank Lara Axlerod's fine ass! ;)   :popcorn:

Wait. Is Billions Series three on yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users