Photo

Charity Mountain Climb For Kids With Cancer...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

All, In a few weeks I will be climbing PenYfan (South Wales’ highest mountain) 10 times in 24 hours..... All this is in aid of the Kids Cancer Charity, an amazing organisation who help both kids and parents. If you can spare the time and the money, please click on the link below to donate. https://www.justgivi...g/matjackson100 Thanks, Mat Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

10 times from what start point, the A470 ?

#3 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Yep - storey arms.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

40 miles and 15000 ft of ascent..... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Done. Good luck Mat. Come on you tight gits get your money out!

#6 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Blimey, that's quite some effort.

#7 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:35 PM

Blimey, that's quite some effort.  

. Yeah - not sure what I’ve let myself in for...... Worth sponsoring I gues !!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Done. Good luck Mat. Come on you tight gits get your money out!

Thanks Pete - very generous.... Mat Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

Done. Best of luck Mat. That's going to be some challenge!

#10 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for all the generous sponsorship so far - please keep it comming!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Yep can't think of a more worthy cause, good luck with the climbs, hope it all goes well. Chris

#12 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Mat, What day/date are you doing it?

#13 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Mat, What day/date are you doing it?

12/13 May - starts at 6pm on the 12th. Had an early walk up there today (5:30am!!) to check the route. Was expecting glorious sunrise, and got horizontal snow!!!! Mat Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Wow really, it's a bit chilly here in Chepstow but wouldn't have expected snow up there! Do you think you'll manage to complete challenge? I'm presuming you have a support crew?

#15 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

Wow really, it's a bit chilly here in Chepstow but wouldn't have expected snow up there! Do you think you'll manage to complete challenge? I'm presuming you have a support crew?

It’s a fully organised event (quite a few people doing it - google 10yfan), so should be ok support wise. I’ll be gutted if I don’t make the 10, but should be ok if I don’t get injured. I think the biggest challenge is the mental one - keeping going with no sleep. Mat Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

It’s a fully organised event (quite a few people doing it - google 10yfan), so should be ok support wise. I’ll be gutted if I don’t make the 10, but should be ok if I don’t get injured. I think the biggest challenge is the mental one - keeping going with no sleep. Mat Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you'll need to be very fit, I've done loads of stuff like this in the past and there is no substitute for fitness, lightness and youth!.

You are facing 45 miles of off road walking and 15,000 foot of ascent, hot on the way up, cold on the way down, slippery paths, placing every footstep on uneven ground etc etc. 

I'll be really impressed if you do it. GL.

#17 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

I think you'll need to be very fit, I've done loads of stuff like this in the past and there is no substitute for fitness, lightness and youth!.   You are facing 45 miles of off road walking and 15,000 foot of ascent, hot on the way up, cold on the way down, slippery paths, placing every footstep on uneven ground etc etc.    I'll be really impressed if you do it. GL.    

I’m ok-ish with fitness, lightness isn’t to bad.... but youthfulness has long gone.... If I don’t pick up an injury, I’ll make it I think.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

Last push for sponsorship - the climbs start tomorrow at 6pm.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

Good luck Mat

#20 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

All - can I just say a huge thank you to all who sponsored me for this event which I managed to complete this weekend. I had underestimated the size of the feat, but managed all 10 laps in 20 hours. It was the hardest thing I have ever done and was a non stop 20 hour slog of steep uphill and downhill - with no flat!!!! However - more importantly, thanks you your generosity I was able to collect over £1600 in sponsor money to go towards children (and their families) struggling with cancer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users