• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 VX DAVE

VX DAVE

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

I am trying to turn off my air bag light

I can not clear the following codes and I don't know what I have to replace or do, to rectify

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]00052 - Control Unit (Squib Code) not Programmed[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]00053 - Squib Circuit Code Mismatch[/color]

Vaux-Com will clear them, but within seconds, they re-appear

my original airbag ecu had triggered and has been swapped for a used one, I have tried a spare squib which I believe to be working.

I have tried programming, selecting Driver only, and then driver & passenger pre-tensioner

then exit after programming, then back in to view codes, clear codes, exit again

#2 VX DAVE

VX DAVE

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

From what info I can find, I am tempted to go with, my vaux-com is not reprogramming my airbag ecu

Any one local to me, who could help me out

Morecambe, Lancashire

#3 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

have you tried OPCom?

#4 VX DAVE

VX DAVE

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

have you tried OPCom?

I have vaux-com, which I believe is the same thing

it clears the codes and the light goes off for 5 seconds or so, then the light comes back on and the 2 mentioned codes are present

#5 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

This looks like useful information.

http://m-auto.blogsp...ding-guide.html

#6 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

I had the airbag light on. Using opcom i went into the 2002 vx and connnected to the airbag.. i had 2 errors which just i deleted but the light only goes off when you remove the key. I have swapped squibs before and they swap over with no problems.. sorry, i know thats not much help.

#7 VX DAVE

VX DAVE

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:48 AM

This looks like useful information.

http://m-auto.blogsp...ding-guide.html

Cheers John,  I had a read and part of that suggests that the airbag ecu can only be programmed once

I have clicked on the program button several times, trying various setups, I keep reverting back to the vx220 driver airbag and the driver and passenger pretensioners.

I assume the programming is working, due to the different error codes I get when i change the programme

#8 VX DAVE

VX DAVE

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

I had the airbag light on. Using opcom i went into the 2002 vx and connnected to the airbag.. i had 2 errors which just i deleted but the light only goes off when you remove the key. I have swapped squibs before and they swap over with no problems.. sorry, i know thats not much help.

I will give 2002 vx a try,  I have tried 2003 vx  and then 2004 astra G    even tried corsa B with no airbag,   still kept getting squib related codes

#9 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:25 AM

are the standard seat belts fitted and the yellow plugs connected ?

you could try fitting a 2.7 Ohm resistor to each circuit (one circuit at a time) and see if that finds the fault. Simply unplug the yellow plug and connect the resistor across the car body loom side of the plug, make sure the ignition is off when you do this. Reset the airbag and see what happens.

Passenger seat belt

Drivers seat belt

Steering column

#10 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

Think what i would try next is to disconnect the battery and let the system power down completely for 10 mins or so.

Next go in to airbag and try clear the errors, if they wont clear then try reprogram.

If all else fails it appears there is a reset service being offered here https://www.ebay.co....vIAAOSwI4BZsHDZ

#11 ElizP987

ElizP987

• 4,037 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

Hi

I have brand new airbag ECU's and also secondhand ones off cars which have not deployed their airbags if you need anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users