#1 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Did someone on here have a TT RS?
P4CKS probably.

If so can you offer any real world feedback living with it as a daily driver? Are they reliable or not?

#2 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

Great for hairdressers! :gayfight:

Edited by hairy, 08 June 2018 - 05:48 PM.

#3 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

I know...can't the VX from under my skin 😉👊

#4 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

Noooooooo!

#5 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

Just musings Foxy

I know what I want....

#6 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Just musings Foxy

I know what I want....

thumbsup The VXer I bought the Macan off had aTTRS...I’ll try to remember his name. Not Packs...he’s got taste ;)

#7 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Wtf would you want a German car that looks like an upside down skip, or a shrunken VW beetle for a daily driver unless you worked permanent nights and so nobody woukd actually see you drivibg it?

Look at JDPower surveys and you will see Audi have been in the lowest percentile for years re reliability. Utter garbage they are in my very humble opinion!

#8 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

They are fast in a straight line, I've seen them take off right in front of me. If they are that fast in the corners then they'd be a potent car.

Edited by Nev, 08 June 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#9 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Hi chaps, it was me who bought one, just sold it after a year of ownership.

I didn't use it as a daily, but you could.

25mpg is about what you could expect, up to 33mpg if you take it really easy on a longer run.

I didn't go wrong as such but it had issues from new which is why I eventually had to sell it as I was getting nowhere with Audi.

1. The delay in it giving you power. Cruise along at 50 hit the throttle and wait 3 secs before anything happens. At first Audi said they were aware, but eventually said it's a characteristic of the car. Idiots.

2. On cold start it made a sound for 20 secs, a bit like a rattling tappet. It was the car warm up stuff, Audi said characteristic. Couple of people asked whats that noise?

3. Occasional rattle from exhaust at certain revs, a flap spindle? Audi aware, parts on back order, no news after 12 months.

That's the rubbish bit out of the way.

The noise it makes is addictive and probably the reason I bought it, it really does sound naughty and exotic, especially tunnels and between buildings. For that alone I'd recommend it. It makes a lovely crackle on warm start up, although I hear the new ones now don't have this feature.

It's easy to drive fast, I'm an average driver but I've had loads of cars.

You can give it full throttle almost anywhere, even turning out of a junction on a wet day, the 4wd just sorts it's self out and off you go. It'll accelerate over uneven road and cambers without fuss.

As Nev says it gets off the line really well thanks to clever launch control.

Without Launch control it did 60 in just over 4 secs.

Mid range it wasn't as quick as I expected, plenty of other cars out there just as fast once rolling. It's not supercar quick like some magazines say, not once rolling. 277 bhp per ton is not way over everything else.

But for 50 grand brand new the performance is good. 

The rest of it is not a 50 grand car though. Interior design is nice but not that high quality, the seats feel cheap. I'm now in a Lexus RC-F and that is miles ahead in interior quality/feel.

To most people it's just another TT, one person asked if it was Jills car.

The virtual cockpit looks great, I didn't really learn it as it was an occasional drive for me.

It started to feel a little quicker when I sold it, 4000 miles. Audi were just annoying me so much it had to go, shame because I did love the car, even though I thought it was too expensive after the novelty wore off.

I've probably not covered everything but if you have any questions fire away.

Tim

#10 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

I just got a TTS today as a px it's pretty decent really. Pretty quick has DSG and a miltek so pretty good. I've driven an RS before and it's nowhere near that sort of performance and it's only s 4 banger but it's a good daily candidate. These things come completely into their own in winter really. I think it's a good looking car too especially for the Mrs :D

#11 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

Hi Tim! chinky chinky

#12 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

Hi Tim! chinky chinky

Hi,

Hope you're well.

I couldn't get an Evora in the end, my bad back put an end to that one.

#13 Ali87

Ali87

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

@jonnymito on here has one, rapid and sounds bloody marvellous

#14 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

If you get an early one, mine was 66 plate, don't let them do the 24DK software update.

They'll tell you it's just about the gearbox.

But it will also remove the pops, crackles, from the exhaust.

Luckily I read about it on the forum before mine went in.

It's irreversible once done I was told.

#15 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:27 AM

@jonnymito on here has one, rapid and sounds bloody marvellous

and I recall him arriving this year 'cost me £60 in petrol to get here'.  He lives ten minutes down the road doesn't he :lol:

#16 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

Not that I'd need putting off one of these, your post has done it most effectively. 

Cruise along at 50 hit the throttle and wait 3 secs before anything happens. CAR KNOWS BEST!

The noise it makes is addictive  although I hear the new ones now don't have this feature. EXHAUST NOISE AS A CREATED 'FEATURE'

You can give it full throttle almost anywhere, even turning out of a junction on a wet day, BORING TO DRIVE

The virtual cockpit looks great, I didn't really learn it as it was an occasional drive for me. NEED TO 'LEARN IT'

:closedeyes:

#17 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

I can see where this thread is heading so I'll bog off.

#18 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

It's about 100kg off being double the weight of a VX!  I'm sure that despite the extra power, and the electronics, you'll still feel that extra weight when you drive it.  About as far removed from the VX as you can get before you get into a 4 door saloon.

Probably a well put together car. But then, I do see more Audi's broken down on the side of the road than anything else, but that could just because there are more Audi's everywhere than everything else.

A great car if you want to blend in I suppose.

#19 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

Obvious solution here guys

Epic 5 pot engine (probably best transverse compact turbo lump out there imo) in a vx220 job done! Syvec ecu and have the engine / dsg working how you want - on demand crack pop bang and full tc, launch control etc

#20 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

What people can miss the point of is that you might just want a nice quick comfortable car that doesn't leak and isn't 20 years old. Not every journey is a knife edge battle heel and toeing around a b road sometimes you just want milk and a TTRS is good for that. There are many types of journey probably including a ring trip that would be far better in a TTRS than a VX220.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users