Tt Rs

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Agree with that ;)

Getting older also adds with a more usable car for all weathers :D

#22 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

The two little seats in the back also make it qualify as a 'family car'.

Edited by ChrisS1, 11 June 2018 - 07:40 PM.

#23 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

yeah my 4 year old complained about the legroom though :D 

#24 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

After a passenger experience with a TT, I can confirm that the back seats can be used only if you totally chop your legs.

#25 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:12 AM

I can see where this thread is heading so I'll bog off.

Ignore me and my rhetorical questions, I'm only talking to myself.  It's refreshing to read any honest reports on a car thumbsup

#26 bladerunner1000

bladerunner1000

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

I had a 2011 TTRS last year, it had a S-Tronic gear box with APR stage 1 remap, VWR intake, H&R springs, Carbotech XP10 pads, and Miltek cat-back exhaust.  The car made 425 BHP and 500 ft/lbs of torque on the rollers, straight line speed was incredible and there is very little that will get near you off the line.  In standard form I thought the car was very boring, however with a few mods it can be made into a very capable car! 

It wasn't great in the corners, this improved after fitting Michelin Pilot Super Sports with H&R Springs.  They can be made to handle for very little money, there are lots of TTRS's lapping the Nordschleife in ridiculous times. 

I only sold the car to make way for my Exige, which has now been sold for a Renntech A45. 

In short, the TTRS isn't as fun as a VX220, but you would need a very sorted VX to play with a subtlety modified TTRS.     

#27 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

I had a 2011 TTRS last year, it had a S-Tronic gear box with APR stage 1 remap, VWR intake, H&R springs, Carbotech XP10 pads, and Miltek cat-back exhaust.  The car made 425 BHP and 500 ft/lbs of torque on the rollers, straight line speed was incredible and there is very little that will get near you off the line.  In standard form I thought the car was very boring, however with a few mods it can be made into a very capable car! 

It wasn't great in the corners, this improved after fitting Michelin Pilot Super Sports with H&R Springs.  They can be made to handle for very little money, there are lots of TTRS's lapping the Nordschleife in ridiculous times. 

I only sold the car to make way for my Exige, which has now been sold for a Renntech A45. 

In short, the TTRS isn't as fun as a VX220, but you would need a very sorted VX to play with a subtlety modified TTRS.     

Thanks for the reply, very useful and insightful.

May I also ask how you are finding the A45? They seem to have quite a lot of praise.

#28 bladerunner1000

bladerunner1000

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

The A45 is very similar to the TTRS in terms of performance, I found it very boring in standard form although it handled very well. I fitted a Renntech tuning box within a week of buying it, along with Supersport tyres and springs.

It now has 415 to 420 bhp, needless to say it is very fast but you wouldn't know it unless you were looking at the speedo.i
I still think it is missing the drama normally associated with a 400+ bhp car.

The 2.0 engine is a peach, huge performance while still offering 38 mpg when the misses drives it.

The car attracts an incredible amount of attention, more than any of the cars I have owned before. I always have people talking to me about it.

Hope that helps.

#29 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

Thanks really appreciate it.

I'm assuming you have the aero kit on it?

#30 bladerunner1000

bladerunner1000

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:05 PM

Yes, aero is a must.

Attached Files

#31 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Looking great thumbsup

#32 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:42 AM

Mk3 Focus RS is the best performance/£ of any car under 2 years old at the momment IMO. 

The engine issues (head gasket) are now being addressed by Ford under warranty. Mountune 375 ugrade really makes a difference putting it more on par with the A45 AMG and RS3 in terms of performance. Residules will probably stay static now as they are no longer in production.  Excellent forum and RS community to boot.

Power delivery is very smooth and linear and therefore a little dull compared to my VXT but this seems like the norm with all the latest hot hatches.

#33 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

I fancied one of those when they were on top gear. Currently lobbying the Mrs to get shot of our discovery and swap to something a bit more interesting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users