16 replies to this topic

#1 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Bike and car track days

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:04 PM

Test drove the bell and colville demonstrator today....now that is how all v6 exiges should be imo, proper weapon but crazy price tag.

#2 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

yes so you need a 1900 Harrop charger  on yours then 

#3 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

Test drove the bell and colville demonstrator today....now that is how all v6 exiges should be imo, proper weapon but crazy price tag.

Is it 50+ thousand pounds better than the standard one? I was wondering how expensive it would be to buy the regular exige v6 and try to modify it with the 430 cup as target.

#4 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:37 AM

Just stick a charge cooler on a 350 that's literally all it is. The pricing is lunacy. My Evora has a charge cooler so same power train and it feels like a lot more car than an Exige. The steering is better on the Evora too.

#5 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:03 AM

Are there any decent charge cooler offerings out there at the moment? Only one I know of is komotec kit which I don't particularly rate highly. I know harrop have a 1900 with charge cooler in the pipeline but have yet to see anyone offer it?

#6 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

the komotec ones do go well on track , the power figures they claim seem 100% real

#7 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

Not from my experience, had a burn with one at brands gp, down back straight it pulled maybe 20 metres on me and that's after I let off the gas to let him by, had spoken with owner previously to arrange said straight line test so he was trying, I wasn't that impressed, his electronic ohlins suspension on the other hand did work well, handled really well.

#8 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

I've sprinted against a komotec 430 last year at Anglesey and he has entered this year to

He beat Dales 350

#9 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

Not from my experience, had a burn with one at brands gp, down back straight it pulled maybe 20 metres on me and that's after I let off the gas to let him by, had spoken with owner previously to arrange said straight line test so he was trying, I wasn't that impressed, his electronic ohlins suspension on the other hand did work well, handled really well.

Don't you have 450 anyway
??

Did your mapper come along you

#10 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

I've sprinted against a komotec 430 last year at Anglesey and he has entered this year to

He beat Dales 350

Was he the wet weather whinger? :D 

#11 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

Don't you have 450 anyway
??

Did your mapper come along you

Don't make me laugh Chris, I've got a dyno,d 320bhp at hub, so a car with supposedly 460bhp conversion not being able to pull away easily in a straight line from me leads me to think there's alot of bollocks attached to the komotec claims on power.

#12 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Your 320 is at the hubs, the 460 will be at the flywheel wont it?  That's the usual willy waving way 

#13 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

Yes the komotec 460 conversion would be flywheel. Still should be significantly quicker. I can't prove it but from my test drive I would wager that a std exige 430 cup is quicker in a straight line than a komotec 460 car.

#14 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:58 AM

Peter do you have a 460 on an Exige? Sorry I don't keep up well these days. This conversion was on my list but it might be different on the charge cooler cars?

I think it must have been Bren Simpson's v6 the setup he has with the ohlins is amazing

Edited by jonnyboy, 22 July 2018 - 08:03 AM.

#15 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Peter do you have a 460 on an Exige? Sorry I don't keep up well these days. This conversion was on my list but it might be different on the charge cooler cars?

I think it must have been Bren Simpson's v6 the setup he has with the ohlins is amazing

No, engine wise all I have is Jim tubular cat less exhaust and manifold, hanger 111 carbon cone air filter and motec ecu and after today I can confirm this is no better in a straight line than the standard 350 exige as can Martin S, however this does mean that when I am able to upgrade to 1900 harrop with charge cooler I will have everything in place ready to get most from the upgrade hopefully.

#16 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

Give up and get a 430. 

50:50 :D 

#17 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:21 AM

No, engine wise all I have is Jim tubular cat less exhaust and manifold, hanger 111 carbon cone air filter and motec ecu and after today I can confirm this is no better in a straight line than the standard 350 exige as can Martin S, however this does mean that when I am able to upgrade to 1900 harrop with charge cooler I will have everything in place ready to get most from the upgrade hopefully.

Yeah that's the way to go I would imagine most v6s will end up chargecooled with the price of the 430. It's a staggering price for just bolting a few bits onto a 350 which is all it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users