Insurance Claim Through Ers

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 .Adam.

.Adam.

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:46 AM

Someone reversed into the VX Tuesday, broke the exhaust and damaged the clam a bit. I'm with Henderson Taylor, and ERS, and have just spoken to ERS. The lady I spoke to seemed to think I would have to pay my excess even though it wasn't my fault, which I didn't think was how it worked?

Anyone had a non fault claim with ERS, did they say the same to you?

#2 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

You need to claim on their insurance, not your own.

#3 .Adam.

.Adam.

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:21 PM

I presume it wouldn't matter that mine is an agreed value policy?

#4 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Your insurance company will reclaim it from the other company but if you want it fixed before fault is agreed and settled then you'll have to pay it.

#5 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:09 PM

Not good news Adam.

Sometimes in the past I have known people pay the excess then you claim it back although each company can be different.

I would tell your (ERS) the other persons insurance details and get your company to claim off them, that way you dont pay a penny.

#6 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

Not good. ERS are a fecking pain in the arse as well they are on my "will not work for" list!

#7 .Adam.

.Adam.

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:32 PM

Hoping to get a call from the third parties insurers (Hastings) tomorrow, so might go through them direct if I can, due to ERS being so vague about the excess.
I can't imagine it will, but I assume if it is written off, and I have gone direct through Hastings, I would still get the agreed value that is on my ERS policy? A question for then tomorrow!

Edited by .Adam., 09 August 2018 - 10:34 PM.

#8 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:04 AM

Is it that bad Adam? Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Yours is a fairly new one so will need to be over 10k - 12k to write it off so should be safe

#9 .Adam.

.Adam.

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Rossi, I don't think it's that bad, and would be very surprised if it is written off, but just want to cover all eventualities. Luckily I have it on agreed value so they can't quibble on value.

The car was parked and the third party tried to parallel park, and didn't stop, got out of her car saying her parking sensors didn't go off, so obviously wasn't using her mirrors! The car hit directly onto the exhaust, pushing it in and down, so some relatively minor clam damage under the exhaust, but has snapped the main hanger mounting point on the silencer, so not sure if there is any other damage yet. It's going to Back on Track for repairs next week so we'll see what they say, but they said I could be looking at a new silencer.

#10 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

I think the agreed value is only an agreement with your insurance company, I doubt Hastings would be willing to honour it if it’s not in their interest.

#11 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:51 AM

Hastings are pretty good we did a rear end for them ma few years back (when values were lower) it was about 60% of the value of the car at that time. They also paid well unlike ERS! 

#12 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:53 AM

I think the agreed value is only an agreement with your insurance company, I doubt Hastings would be willing to honour it if it’s not in their interest.

If Liability is found to be their driver they have to pay the value of the item, the trouble with car insurance is its all fcuking crooked

#13 .Adam.

.Adam.

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

Hastings are pretty good we did a rear end for them ma few years back (when values were lower) it was about 60% of the value of the car at that time. They also paid well unlike ERS! 

That's good to know, thanks.

#14 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

ERS which I believe is equity red star are quite a reputable player in the insurance market.

It is perfectly normal to pay your excess to get your car repaired quickly until your insurer has managed to confirm liability and agree a pay out from the third party (Hastings). When Hastings pays ERS you will get your excess back. You don't have to go down this route, you can wait for your payout from Hastings but this can take weeks. When someone rear ended me as the damage was so minor I decided to wait for the third party to settle the claim first to keep things simple.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#15 .Adam.

.Adam.

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

I'm sure I would get the excess back, but both people at ERS I have spoken to have said that I would have to to make a civil claim after it is settled to get my excess back, which I don't believe, but it doesn't give me much confidence in them. I have contacted the third parties insurance now, they have admitted liability so think I might go through them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users