#1 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Cars, fitness, fishing, sports

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

Dear all,

Just had a communication back from Jacek from Race TCS www.racetcs.com .

He is offering us a group buy on their traction control systems as below (GBP conversion used as they are based in Poland, may be subject to change):

* If we purchase 1 unit - £250

* If we purchase 5 units - £230

* If we purchase 10 or more - £220

Brucey bonus, if we buy 5 or more, he is willing to install (at a central location) for £100 per unit. That means he will fly from Poland....

In true forum style lets start a list:

1. Jon (Turboboy)

PS I have no affinity with them, just needed someone to initiate the idea. Trying to help my VX220 friends...

#2 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

I'm in

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#3 Gadget2

Gadget2

• Pip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Race & Sprint Marshall

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Jon.

Please add me to the list (I've too much power and not enough talent)

Will be a good addition to mine! Especially if he can fit it as well!

#4 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

Yes please, I'm in. Especially the install, might be a mod I purchase and then actually fit!!!

#5 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:07 PM

How does this TC cut the power exactly? Nasty injector interception or will it soft cut by reducing throttle and/or advance, or some other method?

Edited by Nev, 16 August 2018 - 07:07 PM.

#6 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
    and now bees

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:07 PM

How does this TC cut the power exactly? Nasty injector interception or will it soft cut by reducing throttle, or some other method?

Details on the website, see first post

Edited by Ivor, 16 August 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#7 Jordfräs

Jordfräs

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:21 AM

Any chance for an installation in Sweden?

#8 JCON2582

JCON2582

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

I'm very interested, but how easy would it be to install?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

#9 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

Im interested with installation, dependent on fitting location and dates.

Edited by rabbidog, 17 August 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#10 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Cars, fitness, fishing, sports

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

So the list so far is as follows:

1. Turboboy
2. Gadget2
3. Swast4
4. Ivor
5. JCON2582
6. Rabbidog

Enough to get us a great deal, who else is in?

We need to get to 10 to get Jacek over to fit them...

#11 matt555

matt555

• 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

1. Turboboy
2. Gadget2
3. Swast4
4. Ivor
5. JCON2582
6. Rabbidog

7, Matt555

I'm interested including fitting

#12 Johnturner

Johnturner

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:50 PM

I’m interested including fitting dependant on fitting location.

#13 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

As far as I can tell slip parameters are pre set unlike Racelogic where you can change these with the control box 0-25% on the fly.  You need to be able to set slip% to 0 in the wet and it's convenient not to have to go into set up to do that.  0% slip on RL means just that - 0% slip on this system means the system is off, so minimum slip is1%.  Also with RL you can set the severity of the injector cut directly from the control box as well as do various diagnostics.  That said this system works on the same principle as Racelogic so I'm sure it will work very well.  Mine seldom kicks in (so seldom infact that when it does for a split second I wonder what's happening) but it did the other day in the wet while acccellerating in 3rd modestly on a damp road.  Car kicked sideways about 3 inches.  I used to have mine set at 10% in the dry until I hit some seepage on an overtake one day and the back end went about a foot out of line as I was alongside another car on a very narrow road, so now I limit it to 5%.  On track I'm sure different settings would be required.  The price looks very good compared with what RL used to cost.  I installed RL myself and it wasn't too difficult so I suspect this will be the same and not beyond the abilities of someone with reasonable DIY skills.  It will be interesting to see if there are similar electrical issues with this system to those experienced with RL and the required work around mod.

#14 RaceTCS

RaceTCS

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 08:40 PM

As far as I can tell slip parameters are pre set unlike Racelogic where you can change these with the control box 0-25% on the fly.  You need to be able to set slip% to 0 in the wet and it's convenient not to have to go into set up to do that.  0% slip on RL means just that - 0% slip on this system means the system is off, so minimum slip is1%.  Also with RL you can set the severity of the injector cut directly from the control box as well as do various diagnostics.  That said this system works on the same principle as Racelogic so I'm sure it will work very well.  Mine seldom kicks in (so seldom infact that when it does for a split second I wonder what's happening) but it did the other day in the wet while acccellerating in 3rd modestly on a damp road.  Car kicked sideways about 3 inches.  I used to have mine set at 10% in the dry until I hit some seepage on an overtake one day and the back end went about a foot out of line as I was alongside another car on a very narrow road, so now I limit it to 5%.  On track I'm sure different settings would be required.  The price looks very good compared with what RL used to cost.  I installed RL myself and it wasn't too difficult so I suspect this will be the same and not beyond the abilities of someone with reasonable DIY skills.  It will be interesting to see if there are similar electrical issues with this system to those experienced with RL and the required work around mod.

RaceTCS has 6 slip settings at the moment (1.5 3 6 12 20 30 % and off) adjusted via pot mounted in dash. In the future there is a plan to have preconfigured settings, so each of these 6 settings will be user configurable (each will have different start RPM , slip , max fuel cut etc). 

#15 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

1. Turboboy
2. Gadget2
3. Swast4
4. Ivor
5. JCON2582
6. Rabbidog

7, Matt555

I'm interested including fitting

8. ArticSpunky (lost his login details)

#16 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:56 AM

9. Yep, I'm keen (inc fitting at whatever central location). Though it really has to work as I am tired of paying for sub-standard motoring parts/services. What's the guarantee on it actually working effectively?

Has this system ever been fitted to a VX220 (or other 56.1mm Vauxhall ABS hub'ed car)? I ask, as there's often an issue with signal strength and an necessity to add an in line capacitor to smooth it out. ie Does the installer know about this possible issue and can overcome it on a VX220?

Edited by Nev, 18 August 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#17 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
    and now bees

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:06 AM

9. Yep, I'm keen (inc fitting at whatever central location). Though it really has to work as I am tired of paying for sub-standard motoring parts/services. What's the guarantee on it actually working effectively?

Has this system ever been fitted to a VX220 (or other 56.1mm Vauxhall ABS hub'ed car)? I ask, as there's often an issue with signal strength and an necessity to add an in line capacitor to smooth it out. ie Does the installer know about this possible issue and can overcome it on a VX220?

Been installed on a speedster according to the website, not sure if the hub sizes are the same

#18 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
    and now bees

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:55 AM

As we are nearly at 10, how will the commercials work? Full payment prior to fitting? Deposit and then full payment on fitting etc? Would obviously prefer deposit and balance when fitting..

#19 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:24 AM

As most of us are particularly interested in the install that comes with this deal. It would be handy to get some postcodes of people so we can agree an area.

As Nev has also enquired some sort of garrantee that it works and knowledge of the signal issues that the Race logic system had and capacity required would be useful. Also what do we do if the abs signals aren't strong enough, is there a test we can do upfront of install, so that hubs can be replaced upfront ?

1. Turboboy
2. Gadget2
3. Swast4. CH60. Heswall, Wirral
4. Ivor
5. JCON2582
6. Rabbidog
7 matt555
8 ArticSpunky
9 Nev

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#20 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:39 AM

Ok, I think I need this in my life.. please put me on the supply and fit list too   :happy:

Edited by ayresyy, 18 August 2018 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users