Photo

New Vx220 Turbo Owner - Boost Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mcollings

Mcollings

• 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

I just picked up a coral blue turbo, 46k miles, absolutely love it. For the first few weeks it boosted very strong and urgently. In the last few drives particularly in first and second gear it will not boost. The turbo clearly and audibly spools up but the kick never arrives. It's still quick but feels like the turbo isn't actually doing it's thing. What could this be? There is an eml light on which the service history suggests is related to the Miltek exhaust, and this did not affect it previously. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

#2 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

Most likely I think is MAF -> Turbo pipe is collapsing under load.  Check that the rubber pipe is variant that has reinforcing rings and that it doesn't feel too soft and squigy.

Could feasibily be a number of things though.  Any more details of symptom and circumstance?

#3 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

44379753632_27c047c233_b.jpg

#4 Mcollings

Mcollings

• 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'll check that in the morning. The only way to describe it is that you get all of the turbo noise without the power delivery, there's definitely some boost, but no where near where it should be (and was). At high speeds in third and forth it still feels strong. Mainly seems to hinder in first and second gear. Feels like it is at least 50bhp down. Oddly, it's less of a problem when the engine is cold. The car hasn't done a lot of miles in the last few years though has been serviced properly.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users