Insurance Renewal - Recomendations?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

So had my insurance renewal from Reiss in - £530 which is down from £580 last year. 

Rang around and Lowest so far is Keith Michaels at £428 which is pretty good tbh.

Tried:  Adrain Flux

Skyinsurance

Performance direct

Need someone that will accept the mods so Chris Knott is out, any other suggestions?

#2 Tony H

Tony H

Lotus on Crack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Serbian turbo-folk

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

Classicline

#3 apple2000

apple2000

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

had mine today £310 , 6000 miles, 2 years ncb from hastings direct

#4 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

Henderson Taylor. Also do trackday cover etc.

https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Insurance

Edited by Rosssco, 11 September 2018 - 09:19 AM.

#5 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Henderson Taylor. Also do trackday cover etc.

https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Insurance

A-Plan £410 so getting lower.

Great link, thanks, ill ring some more from there.

thumbsup

#6 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

That's a good quote - What mods do you have?

had mine today £310 , 6000 miles, 2 years ncb from hastings direct

#7 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

Classicline

Just tried to do an online quote with these but need to ring them due "to nature of vehicle" I assume the mods. So will see what they come back with.

Adrian Flux are crafty "bas%%rds.  So they quoted me £454 on Monday. I asked how long the quote was valid for, to which they replied "only to the end of the call" As it was a fair bit cheaper than the nearest quote at that time I decided to pay up to secure it on the premise that I could have a full refund if I cancelled prior to start date.

Following some suggestions on here, I managed to get lower, £424 and £410.

All set to go with A-Plan I rang up AF yesterday to cancel and they dropped their quote to £400 by way of a £54 refund.

A-Plan rang today to follow up their quote (valid for 30 days) and I happened to mention my wife's car insurance is also up for renewal.  They said that the proposed VX underwriter also offers good rates on additional cars. They managed to cut the best price on her car by £30 and match AF's £400.  I never even considered using a broker for mainstream cars as historically id always got the best quotes on standard cars from the big companies.

The guy at A-plan was a little bemused and said AF's behaviour was a little suspect and the FSA probably wouldn't be too happy.

Anyway I rang AF a second time to cancel and they are now going to quote for the wife's aswell.

It pays to shop around I guess.

#8 Chapelhill

Chapelhill

• 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

I have been an Adrian flux customer for more than 35 years I think my first policy wasa1980, but they have gone downhill in my opinion. I too was given a quote which they said was only valid at the time of the call as it was a broker deal and that they could not offer me an email of the quote either. I find both of these issues likely to be a sales pressure techniqe which I ignored.
I did go ahead a few days later with their offer which miraculously was still available.
However I put a slightly different description of my job title and their automated systems then tried to take £40 to update by other car policy job title on a policy which only had a few weeks to run and then threatened to cancel that policy when the automated payment went through. They have then taken another £60 for additional modifications that I did not declare on the quote but since they did not send me a detailed listing of modifications it is difficult to challenge. I did declare uprated engine mounts which I was not aware of at the time and non OEM brakes but neither of them make any material difference to the performance compared with stage 2 turbo etc. They also did not provide any detail in their correspondence of why they were charging the extra.
Had to waste another 45 minutes of my life trying to establish what was what.

Just my experience, but I am now very disappointed in the way this has been handled. Will be trying some of these other suggested companies/brokers next time.

#9 Nobbymogs

Nobbymogs

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:53 PM

Flux got my vote 230 quid I think all declared

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#10 BAD_VX

BAD_VX

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

£230 with MORE THAN 3rd car with full Ncb limited to 1000 miles per year
Managed 279 miles this year between MITs

#11 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

Henderson Taylor, used them for years always good prices 

#12 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

Settled on A-plan in the end, AF couldnt get anywhere near the wifes cars quote from A-Plan after all that. Overall quite a big saving over both cars.
Henderson taylor were also quite close on the solely the Vx.

#13 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

£230 with MORE THAN 3rd car with full Ncb limited to 1000 miles per year
Managed 279 miles this year between MITs

Ha, think i have managed bout 400 miles, and 140 of those were to and from back on track.
Best summer in years spent buying/ renovating/selling a house.

#14 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

Just renewed with A Plan after some difficulty with them.  They got my name wrong, some documents were addressed to someone else, and most importantly only cosmetic modifications were listed.  Had to get them to change all that and send a separate list of mods.  Initially I wanted to cancel and they said there would be an admin fee of £30.  I challenged saying why should I have to pay an admin fee for cancelling because they appeared so incompetent and got so many details wrong.  Anyway sorted now.

I was with Footman James.  Hastings Direct just refused because of the mods, Classic Line quote was ridiculous with a ridiculous excess also.  It was a close run thing between Henderson Taylor and A Plan.  A Plan didin't offer track day cover but I don't want that anyway.  Can't say I made any fantastic saving, but I reckon any improvement over £30 is worth the change - I mean if it's only £10 quid less what's the point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users