• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Paddyn123

Paddyn123

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

Hi all,

Don't worry the vx is safe but I've had an enquiry from a friend and was wondering if anyone has any experience. Long story short, a friend crashed at Nurburgring and was issued a bill for 1900quid however as he couldn't pay on the day and he managed to drive the vehicle off the track himself, they don't have his car as collateral! He's now home with his car and all he has is a sheet of paper in German saying he needs pay. Will they chase him down for payment? They do have a copy of his driving licence and home address but that's it. Also the damage to the barriers was questionable! Barely an asda trolley ding but they claimed 12 metres worth!!

Any experience or thoughts would be welcomed.

Ps next year I might risk taking the VX however you do get a taste for pushing it when on there and I wouldn't want to end up cat d'ing my cat d haha

Thanks

#2 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:32 PM

Did they have to shut down the track to do the repair?

http://nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php

Edited by smiley, 14 September 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#3 Paddyn123

Paddyn123

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

No shut down of the track. No yellow cones for marshalls. He limped it off straight away after two corners. They drove him back round, took pictures of the barrier (in the safety car) then took him for a shafting!

#4 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Its all in the terms and conditions posted up in the ticket kiosk where he paid. From what I've heard from other incidents if they have his details they will chase for payment. He can think himself lucky they didnt close the circuit or the amount would be far more.

#5 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:19 PM

Try and spin it out unit next March :D 

#6 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:40 PM

So ask him how he would feel if he rented out his house for the weekend, then someone trashed it, and ran off and refused to pay!

Just pay the fooking fee and drive better next time!  Sick of people constantly trying to get out of stuff like this in general these days. 

#7 MulderVXT

MulderVXT

• PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=whh06tAg33s

Nearly happened to me a few weeks back, was very lucky there was no contact with the barrier 

#8 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:34 AM

So ask him how he would feel if he rented out his house for the weekend, then someone trashed it, and ran off and refused to pay!

Just pay the fooking fee and drive better next time! Sick of people constantly trying to get out of stuff like this in general these days.

Agreed, but if it’s as reported ‘ring are taking the piss.

#9 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:47 AM

Just pay the fooking fee and drive better next time! Sick of people constantly trying to get out of stuff like this in general these days.

Agreed, but if it’s as reported ‘ring are taking the p*ss.

Agreed, but it never usually gets reported correct, usually it's just a "this is unfair as it was never that bad and a big boy did it and ran it way" type of thing.

Ask for the photo's that were taken of the barriers as proof of damage and let's see them?

#10 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

to be fair , a lot of european tracks are the same

need to check trackday insurance for third party costs

MAgny Cours for instance
Tarifs dégradations des équipements du circuit :
- Pile de pneus (tarification à la pile) : 260,00 €HT
- Toile caoutchouc (5m linéaire, 155 €HT / m) : 775,00 €HT
- Rails de sécurité (unité : 4m) : 620,00 €HT
- Panneau chevalet de distance : 125,00 €HT
- Absorbants – par sac de 20 kg : 32,00 €HT
- Poteau de rails de sécurité (à l’unité) : 400,00 €HT
- Extincteur (à l’unité) : 155,00 € HT
- Gazon synthétique (par mètre carré) : 260,00 € HT
- Alpina Superdefender 980,00 €HT
- Grillage FIA (par mètre linéaire) 660,00 € HT
- Autre dégradation Sur devis

#11 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

Agreed, but if it’s as reported ‘ring are taking the p*ss.

Agreed, but it never usually gets reported correct, usually it's just a "this is unfair as it was never that bad and a big boy did it and ran it way" type of thing.

Ask for the photo's that were taken of the barriers as proof of damage and let's see them?

Its all there in Section 4 (2). If he signed the damage report as he should have done he is liable. If he cleared off without signing then it seems they may report him to the Police. 

http://www.nuerburgr...__from_store=de

#12 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Even a very small dink in a length of barrier will degrade it's effectiveness, it may collapse unpredictably under another impact and allow more injuries than it should, or would, have.  In that event Nürburgring themselves would be liable for failing to maintain the safety of the track as they should have with the potential for big damages in court.  I don't see that they have much alternative but to cover themselves.  Armco barrier is expensive and it's installation is critical.  I lost a very good mate who was killed in an F2 race at Rouen when his car went between the rails which had not been properly fixed to the posts, perhaps after another impact...…………… He left a wife and twin toddler daughters. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users