9 replies to this topic

#1 Waitey

Waitey

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

Cash waiting. 

Whats out there at the moment? 

I've messaged a few people who are selling but heard nothing back. 

#2 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Budget?

#3 Waitey

Waitey

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

Budget?

Depends on the car and spec really. 

£15k would be a cap though. The market seems to have softened a lot though for these.

#4 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

Solid amount. Pistonheads is one of the best places for me. You will probably need to travel for a good example. Also, auctions on ebay seem to end in favor of buyers.

Good luck with your search. Be fast :ninja:  :ninja:

#5 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

Mines is up just now  :)

https://www.ebay.co....tm/173613289632

#6 Waitey

Waitey

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

Solid amount. Pistonheads is one of the best places for me. You will probably need to travel for a good example. Also, auctions on ebay seem to end in favor of buyers.

Tbh I'd rather pay £10k for a ropey one and get it where I want, than paying top money, still getting bored, and then spending thousands on it. 

I just wish I could leave stuff alone! 

Edited by Waitey, 30 October 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#7 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

Tbh I'd rather pay £10k for a ropey one and get it where I want, than paying top money, still getting bored, and then spending thousands on it. 

Depends what spec you'd want, what your boredom threshold is and what your attitude to spending money on it is!

I started with a ropey one, it's now amongst the most sorted (but still not perfect!) but I've ended up spending way more on it than it's worth.. In hindsight, I would have started with a better one in the first place..

ETA.. oh, and you'll need to try a turbo and a supercharged car, if you haven't already, as they offer quite distinct driving experiences..

Edited by Strugs, 30 October 2018 - 03:05 PM.

#8 Waitey

Waitey

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

Depends what spec you'd want, what your boredom threshold is and what your attitude to spending money on it is!

I started with a ropey one, it's now amongst the most sorted (but still not perfect!) but I've ended up spending way more on it than it's worth.. In hindsight, I would have started with a better one in the first place..

ETA.. oh, and you'll need to try a turbo and a supercharged car, if you haven't already, as they offer quite distinct driving experiences..

My boredom threshold is sadly low. 

I've just sold my Westfield Track car. I bought it as a perfectly serviceable 200bhp Rover K series powered car for £10k. After 1 track day I pulled it apart and sold the motor. Fast forward 12 months and its got £26k worth of 300bhp 2.0 n/a Ford Duratec in it. Then I use it for a season and sell it for £18k. I need my head testing. 

The project aspect is more interesting/appealing as I can sit and tinker with it.

I've driven both a Turbo and Supercharged one, I like them both but for different reasons. I guess a Supercharged one is a little more 'purer' if that makes sense.

#9 Michaelfoz

Michaelfoz

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:00 PM

got a nice blue turbo here. 

nitrons, team dynamic 1.2s,  tillets, schroth harnesses, carbon door cards, carbon turbo ears, carbon front splitter corners, timing belt just been done, vibratechnics engine mounts, hid conversion, hardtop + soft top, stormforce cover, 

would be looking for just north of the 15K mark tho 

#10 Michaelfoz

Michaelfoz

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:00 PM

also worth mentioning that its only on 34k miles from memory, I'd need to double check 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users