• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 karlbac

karlbac

• Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Cars - VTT

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

I machined a new throttle pedal and tried to keep the same angle as the original pedal but I'm not sure I'm perfect

Is there a way to calibrate the throttle according to the angle of my pedal or is it necessary to have the very same angle as the oem and do somebody know precisely this angle because I didn't find anything about it

Thank you for your help

mini_181111044901406576.jpg

Edited by karlbac, 11 November 2018 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Doctor Ed

Doctor Ed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

Measure 5 times cut once?
Washer under the mounts? Bend shaft to suit?

#3 Arno

Arno

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

The movement and positioning of the electronic throttle pedal sensor/potentiometers are fixed as they are based on dual opposing potentiometers inside. One will go from 0 ohm to max while the second goes from max to 0 ohm in the full stroke of the pedal.

This is the basis of the whole electronic pedal setup with it's fail-safes/checks built-in and the standard ECU (even when modified) can't really change much in that area.

On an aftermarket mappable ECU with ETB support (Eg. MOTEC, Syvecs, etc.) you might be able to let it re-calibrate the '0' position and/or also change the travel to go from 0% to 100% throttle.

With the normal ECU you can usually only adjust things by rotating the acutal pedal on the shaft (or bending the original pedal shaft..), but the angle of rotation / travel the shaft makes will have to remain the same.

Also you must make sure that the throttle potentiometers are fully returned to their base/'0' location as the ECU does not like it if the pedal is partly actuated/pressed when turning on the ignition as it gets into a strange offset and it often causes diling issues and strange throttle response.

Bye, Arno.

#4 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

out of curiosity why did you feel the need to change it?

#5 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:06 PM

out of curiosity why did you feel the need to change it?

Obvious question is obvious.

#6 karlbac

karlbac

• Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Cars - VTT

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:28 AM

Thank you Arno you are very clear and helpfull as always
I changed this pedal because I built a pedalbox with front brake, rear brake and clutch AP racing master cylinder and fully adjustable and I wanted a throttle pedale with the same appearence , so it's just esthetic and a little bit adjustable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users