6 replies to this topic

#1 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Cars, fitness, fishing, sports

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

Just ordered one in Desert Island Blue with the B&O sound system as my company car for 2019.

The company car taxation rules have gone crazy and this is pretty much the only sensibly taxed vehicle that is still fun at 126g C02 with a 1.5L 3 cylinder turbo engine producing 180bhp. One cylinder even de-activates when it is not required.

I would have gone for a hybrid but none available and most VW Audi offerings still off the list due to the co2 scandal.

I have to say having had a demo car for a week that I’m extremely impressed with this latest offering from Ford.

Interior is a big step change on previous offerings and the chassis is reminiscent of the MK1.

Great spec on this model as standard too.

Hope I have made a good choice?

Full EVO review here:

https://www.evo.co.u...n-its-sportiest

Jon

#2 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:09 AM

Just read the review and looks lovely, is that the same blue you have ordered?  However, £25-27k for a Focus? Sorry, but car prices are nuts these days they really are. Lovely looking car and I'd be very happy to have one, but when it's 3 years old for £10k-£13k.

#3 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Yes, same blue that I have ordered 👍

I agree with what you are saying and I wouldn’t buy outright myself either but this is a leased car through my employer.

Personally I would have kept my Mondeo ST but they insist that we drive a car no more than 5 years old 😥

But as a company car it makes a lot of sense due to the efficient engine. This will cost me “just £220 a month whereas a BMW 320d (or similar) would cost in excess of £600 a month which to me is unacceptable as a tool that I need to do my job...

#4 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

I agree totally and you'd be a tool for getting that BMW 320D 😂🤣😂🤣

#5 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

And at least the indicators might work on the Ford 😁

#6 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:32 PM

Nice car but I’m amazed you can get the company car scheme to make sense on that level of co2. Our company car puts out 106g of co2 and it kills me in tax. It would be so much cheaper to do as a PCP privately from my post tax income.

The rates on EV’s from 2020 look good though. I hope there’s some decent options available by then.

#7 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:14 AM

Hello Captain,

Been a long time! 😃

Sadly the long distances I need to cover mean that EV is not an option. Like you say, VW etc seem to have some good options from 2020 so I plan to review again then.... I would have had a Golf GTE if it was possible but they stopped production.

It’s not just the Co2 that costs you, as you will know it’s also the P11D value of the car. Combined this was the best option. I didn’t want to drive a 90bhp Audi, or something boring.

Hope I made a wise choice but the car really impressed during testing. Just great to see Ford building something fun again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users