• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lidzvx

lidzvx

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:56 AM

After some help please.

Both of the battery’s went flat on me and I cannot unlock my turbo with central locking. I managed to open the boot and change the backup battery for the secret button but when pressing it and the fob nothing happens still. Is there a trick to using the button or is it just press and hold while pressing the fob. I am thinking though as I have swapped out the standard alarm for the meta system that has now disabled the secret button?

I thought about removing the wheel and trying to gain access to the battery with jump leads but there isn’t any room also the locking wheel key is inside the car.

Guess the only thing left is to try and open the bonnet somehow. Can anyone pm me any tricks to do so in my situation? Or some idiots guide instructions to the secret button may also be useful.

Cheers!

#2 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

you can charge the main battery from the backup battery, they are connected. But there is a fuse between the two batteries so only use a trickle charger.

The other option is to remove the OSF front wheel and arch liner to access the bonnet lock, but it is possible to open the front bonnet with a long screwdriver :ninja:

#3 lidzvx

lidzvx

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:35 AM

Might try the charging the main battery first through the backup. Hopefully the fuse hasn’t blown. If not I’ll have to try and open the bonnet without taking the wheel off. Thanks!

Really puzzles me why the secret button didn’t work though with a brand new battery

#4 BrianJ

BrianJ

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

If you are still struggling to get into your car I may have a method that is very quick and does not involve removing anything.

Regards,

BrianJ

#5 lidzvx

lidzvx

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

Smash a window? 😂

#6 BrianJ

BrianJ

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

Sorry should have added no damage to VX either but only works on certain models. PM me if you do need help.

#7 lidzvx

lidzvx

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:58 PM

Thanks all. Managed to get into the car.

Though I’m still thinking why the backup battery didn’t work. I can hear a relay when pressing the secret button so something works. Is it because I have the meta alarm and not the vx one?

#8 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

easiest way in is over top of window , push window down and hook the winder for more gap

#9 lidzvx

lidzvx

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:56 AM

So I think I’m going to blame the relay for the backup system not working. Does anyone have one of these for a turbo?

https://goo.gl/images/1wRegL

Edited by lidzvx, 04 December 2018 - 07:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users