So, car not starting (SC'r). I had the clam off for a exhaust change and some other tweaks (none electrical).
Car started fine before putting the clam back on. Issue started once the clam was back on (probably incidental).
My first test drive down the road, car started fine. On test drive, started to splutter and miss badly, then cut out. Restarted, drove a little further, broke down, then wouldn't start.
Things I've check / changed
- battery is about 2 month old. Voltage a consistent 12v on my multimeter. Taken out, charged overnight. No difference
- Pump is priming (checked pressure in line through fuel line valve)
- Borrowed good starter relay (yellow one). No difference
- Changed alternator and checked it wasn't shorting on manifold
- checked earth connection on chassis. Seems fine and was never removed disturbed
- Checked all fuses. Fine.
- pulled x2/x3 connectors to ensure they were clean. Look fine (never had an issue with them)
- Cleaned battery terminals
- Fitted a -neg battery terminal isolator thing. Seems to make to no difference (in case it made dodgy connection)
- Tried jump starting from my other car. No Change
Current status - turn key and dash light up. All ancillary services activate like they should with a fresh battery. Fuel pump primes.
Press starter button. One click / light clunk and nothing. Occasional buzzing noise, although sounds like its coming from the injector area..
I have a used starter to try change next, but other than that, I'm out of options..
Anything else before the Viking funeral?
Edited by Rosssco, 12 December 2018 - 10:39 AM.