Photo

Hi Everybody From "the North Of The South"

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Trubi

Trubi

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, cars, things that go boom.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hello people!! first time posting here so fingers crossed that I don't screw it... since last July I'm the proud owner of a Speedster 2.2 (N/A). Purchased in Germany, now sitting at my garage in the north of Spain. It's a 2002-built, 2003-registered (AFAIK) Europa Blue unit with ATS DTC wheels, "turbo version body kit" and a God-knows-who-made-it "sports" exhaust backbox .Will put the VIN data in the related post ASAP. Already been through the desert of fixing both head lights and tail lights (thanks to the useful guides found in this forum). Also fixed a myriad of other "minor" issues but that would make for a pretty boring story so here are a couple of pics:

Rj4mRze.jpg

RcRaZ87.jpg

Looking forward to share this travel with you!.

Cheers.

Ruben

#2 jim61

jim61

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Great looking car !!

Fantastic roads in the Picos 👍👍

#3 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:06 PM

Welcome to the club. You have the best colour.

#4 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

Looks nice!

#5 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

beautiful countryside to enjoy driving

#6 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

Off Topic but is that driveway a print? Looks good.

#7 Trubi

Trubi

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:34 AM

Off Topic but is that driveway a print? Looks good.

Exactly, pattern imprinted concrete. Looks good, but wears out quickly and is slippery as hell when it's wet.

#8 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Thanks, good to know. Am getting my driveway block paved next year and was considering this. Might give it a miss as I'm on a bit of a slope and don't want to end up on my backside :lol:

#9 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

Thanks, good to know. Am getting my driveway block paved next year and was considering this. Might give it a miss as I'm on a bit of a slope and don't want to end up on my backside :lol:

Just to put my opinion in. I have a friend who has a dark grey cobbled pattern print drive for 30+ years ago and it still looks like new (and isn't slippy). i have block paving, which is a pain to keep clean (jet washed every year) and does get slippy. Just my own experiences of the two types. I have considered having a resin drive. 

#10 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

Hey Trubi,

I have just come back from Barcelona, it looks like there is some great driving up into the mountains there. Welcom to .org

#11 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:53 PM

Hey Trubi,

I have just come back from Barcelona, it looks like there is some great driving up into the mountains there. Welcom to .org

The whole country is awesome (so long as you're in the countryside), funded by the EU by billions.

#12 Trubi

Trubi

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

Just to put my opinion in. I have a friend who has a dark grey cobbled pattern print drive for 30+ years ago and it still looks like new (and isn't slippy). i have block paving, which is a pain to keep clean (jet washed every year) and does get slippy. Just my own experiences of the two types. I have considered having a resin drive. 

That's exactly why I choosed this solution, there are several city parks around my area finished in pattern imprinted concrete and they look damn good, but mine is a bit disappointing (traction-wise). Don't get me wrong, it's just the outermost layer (some kind of clear varnish that they applied to seal up the concrete) that tends to worn out and get slippery... the concrete patterns seem to hold up perfectly. But I had problems with the company that carried out the works since the very beginning (bunch of pirates) so maybe it's just down to have hired the wrong people. My advice: search for several companies and ask them for previous jobs they've done. Then take a trip to see as much of those jobs as you can, and (if possible) ask the people who hired them about how they carried out those jobs.

#13 Trubi

Trubi

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

Great looking car !!

Fantastic roads in the Picos 👍👍

Welcome to the club. You have the best colour.

Looks nice!

beautiful countryside to enjoy driving

Hey Trubi,

Thanks for the warm welcome. If any of you ever come to the northwest of Spain (I live in Asturias) just let me know. Plenty of mountain roads around here to enjoy :popcorn:

Edited by Trubi, 20 December 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#14 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:43 PM

That's exactly why I choosed this solution, there are several city parks around my area finished in pattern imprinted concrete and they look damn good, but mine is a bit disappointing (traction-wise). Don't get me wrong, it's just the outermost layer (some kind of clear varnish that they applied to seal up the concrete) that tends to worn out and get slippery... the concrete patterns seem to hold up perfectly. But I had problems with the company that carried out the works since the very beginning (bunch of pirates) so maybe it's just down to have hired the wrong people. My advice: search for several companies and ask them for previous jobs they've done. Then take a trip to see as much of those jobs as you can, and (if possible) ask the people who hired them about how they carried out those jobs.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep it on my list for now thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users