And another Walbro conversion......
PLEASE stop doing this, you can see how close this one was from melting through the top of the pump unit exposing the fuel vapour to the atmosphere.
Petrol vapour + oxygen + sparking electrics = not a good day.
The reason these pumps are obsolete, (and all pumps with the older Delphi 4-pin connectors) is due to this issue.
If you have done this DIY may I politely suggest you remove it and convert the unit correctly or buy a new pump unit.
I'm not even going to suggest you monitor it regularly through the inspection hole as this is most probably caused by runaway combination of vibration/poor contacts/terminal heating/softening plastic/more deformation/ less contact/higher temps/ etc
When you are running the OE pump you have a greater margin to failure but the obsolescence came from OE applications not conversions, the high current draw of the Walbro just adds to the problem.
image1.jpg 318.5KB 16 downloads