Photo

In Market For A Vx220

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dragonslayer

dragonslayer

• 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

I've never owned one and am thinking about one to use. I live in London so one concern I have is will it clear speed bumps? I currently have a mk1 tt which is ok on the bumps. Out of interest how high is it off the floor?

I would like a decent one, mechanically unmodified and sound, lowish miles so thinking a std vx220 with a budget around £10k. I don't have a garage so am thinking I would like a hard top (think they look good with them). Will it be fine under a car cover for the cold days?

I have driven a Lotus S1 many moons ago, and understand that these are better. Would really appreciate if someone is in my vicinity of sw london, if I can try one out to refresh my mind? There's so few and far between which I like and understand that it's easier to live with and service than an equivalent Elise. Any advice will be helpful - thx!

Edited by dragonslayer, 12 February 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#2 dragonslayer

dragonslayer

• 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

I've spotted one in Burnley which looks interesting. Is anyone near there that could give it a once over?

#3 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

I've spotted one in Burnley which looks interesting. Is anyone near there that could give it a once over?

are you paying expenses   lol    doing the Carabao  Cup Final in Wembley and taking the vx  :happy:

Edited by Crazyfrog (Fab), 12 February 2019 - 05:57 PM.

#4 dragonslayer

dragonslayer

• 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

are you paying expenses   lol    doing the Carabao  Cup Final in Wembley and taking the vx  :happy:

what team do you support? Are you down here from Burnley?

#5 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

what team do you support? Are you down here from Burnley?

nope i work there to see the events  :P  :P  :P

#6 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

I used to own an NA living in Richmond Surrey - it was standard i.e. not lowered no skirting/front slats etc. I never had any problems with standard speed bumps. Not sure if by chance you have ever gone into the Bank of England sports club in Roehampton, it has a very vertical ramp up into the car park and two brick like speed bumps which I got over no problem - just edge it forwards slowly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users