Hi From Wiltshire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steve-x

steve-x

• 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

Hi All,

I've always been watching / looking at VX220's since about 15 years ago!

Every now and then (rarely) I see one on the road and start to think about them again :)

I just sold an Mr2 Roadster convertible that I turbo charged, the car was running superb but started to burn a lot of oil, sadly I trusted the wrong person to do an engine build and I got ripped off badly. It all ended with me selling the car for half of what I spent and losing 1000's as I just lost all enthusiasm for it at that point (and needed a replacement car to use!).

At the moment I drive an abarth 500 which is my little daily runaround, and I have my old family car (a CLK55 convertible) that I have tucked away in the garage now for those summer months.

I am starting to look at vx220's again online, I've never even been in one! I am not sure I can bring myself to sell the mercedes but if I do, it has to be for something quite special.

I saw this one pop up online which does look special:

https://www.autotrad...201901194096277

But I'll create another thread for that.

So hi, and if there is anyone around Swindon way it would be great to have a chat and a catchup and to see one properly in the flesh :)

#2 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

Welcome to the org. Be prepared to travel to find the right vx for you..... thumbsup

#3 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Welcome and good luck on your search saw you post on the Facebook page a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

Welcome thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users