• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

I love watching climbing and both these guys are legends in their field. I just cannot watch either without shivers and goose bumps and still cannot believe people do this.

Does anyone remember a documentary on Alain Robert in I reckon 2014 ish? Cannot find it anywhere 

#2 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

You could try learning to climb, it's a most wonderful and rewarding sport. Easy to go on an indoor training course at a climbing wall to learn the basics (makes good Xmas/B'day pressy). I've been doing it for 28 years now, nothing comes close to it for adventure & adrenaline, some pics here.

Edited by Nev, 28 February 2019 - 07:28 PM.

#3 alanwetherall

alanwetherall

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Playing Tennis, watching TV car programes, enjoying my retiremnet

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

You must be totally mad, i tried it once in the lake district, scared the pants off me

#4 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

All of Fred's documentaries are on Youtube I re watched them all again just recently. His only flaw in my eyes was that he should have been born a Yorkshireman but can't really be helped. 

#5 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

You must be totally mad, i tried it once in the lake district, scared the pants off me

But that's what makes it so exciting, overcoming subconscious/primal fear with your conscious mind. :)

I was stricken with fear the first time, but the buzz was electric, after a few gos you learn to manage it, and that's where the reward stems from.

#6 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

Fred:

#7 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

Very sweaty palms after watch that!!!   The guy is a legend, but suspect also has a screw loose :) ...those overhangs at the top... !!!!!!

#8 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

Very sweaty palms after watch that!!!   The guy is a legend, but suspect also has a screw loose :) ...those overhangs at the top... !!!!!!

Sorry wrong tense... was/had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users