• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alanwetherall

alanwetherall

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Playing Tennis, watching TV car programes, enjoying my retiremnet

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

I hired a brand-new ford fiesta on holiday in Spain last week. I thought the brakes were faulty because when you took your foot off the brake the brakes held on for approx. 2 seconds. Then I realised this was to help the numpties who couldn’t manage a hill start. It was working all the time and started to really p-ss me off. Plus, every time I went over the white lines the steering wobbled. I could go on and on about how boring the car was with absolutely no character at all.

Give me a car with no power steering, non-cancelling indicators, a car that’s a nightmare to get in and out but goes like a little rocket and brings a smile to my face every time I look at it and drive it. Yes its my little VX220, its got character in spades

#2 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

The wobbling steering is the lane-departure system which you can (or should be able to) turn off (and God help those who actually need it.. :angry2:) and the hill-start thing doesn't (shouldn't?) kick in if the handbrake has been on (i.e. how one should really do a hill start, rather than just jump from the foot brake to the accelerator!) but - again - really do agree it's completely unnecessary for those who can actually drive!! 

Edited by Strugs, 22 March 2019 - 02:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users