vacuum box inlet turbo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JoWik

JoWik

• 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Hello

This topic is about Opel Speedster Turbo 2005.

I have removed the engine and restored/tuned it. Changed all bearings and conrods. Slightly higher turbo pressure, sharper cams, slightly bigger injectors, performance exhaust/inlet system, engine mounts, harder suspension, short shift etc.

Now I have mounted the engine again and connecting oil, water, electrics etc. But the vacuum box for the inlet system, I ca´t figure out where it should be mounted. The two thin hoses are to be connected on the left side of the inlet manifold/injection system, and I was thorough enough to mark the hoses and the connection to inlet, but still I can´t see the mounting points for the box. Suspect under the inlet manifold, close to the generator...

See also attached pic, where I hold the box in my hand.

Joakim

Attached Files

#2 james4563

james4563

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Yes it bolts underneath the inlet manifold. Above the drivers side CV joint. I think one boot goes on the inlet manifold and one into the block.

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

PM me you email address and I will send you a big document I've built up over the years with the info and some diagrams.

#4 VX220BOB

VX220BOB

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

Just bin the vacuum box as this deleats full boost in 1st & 2nd gear. The small boost pipe from turbo to inlet manifold, add T connector then fit pipe from fuel pressure regulator. The other electric boost valve near the clutch bell housing, leave the electric plug connected but remove the pipes from the valve end. With this mod you will have full boost in 1-2nd gear.

#5 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:08 PM

Just bin the vacuum box as this deleats full boost in 1st & 2nd gear. The small boost pipe from turbo to inlet manifold, add T connector then fit pipe from fuel pressure regulator. The other electric boost valve near the clutch bell housing, leave the electric plug connected but remove the pipes from the valve end. With this mod you will have full boost in 1-2nd gear.

Not such a good idea for highly tuned cars perhaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users