10 replies to this topic

#1 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:46 AM

https://www.t7design...heater-kit.html

Anyone got one? Are they any good?

They look like the Fezzasus ones in terms of how they operate (direct push through the matrix), just thought I'd see if anyone has any experience of operation and fitting?

Also - have people managed to put a filter in line to stop the grit being thrown in your face? I'm currently using some Ramair filter foam that's glued to an old jar lid that sit between the bulkhead inlet and the hose. It's not pretty, but it seems to work 😂

#2 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

Got one on order....

Paid them over a month ago and there saying it's the anodisers holding up stuff.

Can't comment on the actual product but it's a bit naughty to say 'in stock'...

#3 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Hmm, thanks for the tip off - can you let me know when it arrives and how you get on with it?

#4 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:01 AM

Ordered one a couple of months ago. It arrived within 4-5 days without any issues. It works perfectly and I highly recommend it to whoever uses their Vx on the road.

#5 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:53 AM

I second this, its almost as good as a 'normal car' heater! Better air flow, less noise and much hotter. The only down side I can see with it is that you have to unbolt it to move it come next battery change.

#6 ginek

ginek

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

If you already have a working Fezzasus heater, then I wouldn't bother to change - heating output is already good. If you are upgrading from standard, then my vote is for T7.

My progression was 2 Fezzasus designs (mk1, mk2) before finally installing T7 heater. The strength of T7 is smallest footprint - which is often problem on LHD, mechanical mix that uses the same cable (Fezzaus latest option also had that) and production quality

#7 kmidderigh

kmidderigh

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:56 PM

Is this heater good enough to defrost the windscreen on a cold/frosty day (in a reasonable time..) ?

#8 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

Is this heater good enough to defrost the windscreen on a cold/frosty day (in a reasonable time..) ?

It will do this a lot quicker than the standard heater, but maybe not quite as quick as you could do it in an average normal car.

For the VX, I don't think there is a better alternative (I haven't tried the Fez heater, but it also looks to work a lot better than the standard unit).  

#9 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

So mine has turned up.. haven't had a good look at it yet but hasn't got any real instructions.

I'm sure I can figure it out, but is it best to 'assemble' it in place.. i.e the brass hose routing attachment.

I assume that is why it is not sent out pre-assembled?

Any other tips or guidance would be appreciated..

Edited by tommobot, 29 April 2019 - 11:35 AM.

#10 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

I would like to get one of these, but am no where near mechanically/electrically capable of installing it. 

#11 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:42 PM

So mine has turned up.. haven't had a good look at it yet but hasn't got any real instructions.

I'm sure I can figure it out, but is it best to 'assemble' it in place.. i.e the brass hose routing attachment.

I assume that is why it is not sent out pre-assembled?

Any other tips or guidance would be appreciated..

Have a look at the files section of the FB group, I uploaded the installation guide a few months ago.

https://www.facebook...57073523223894/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users