my car is been in limp mode since the battery died whilst in storage. Sadly i cant drive it all the way to Guildford @ Back On Track so it is at a local repair place... however the car is still not fixed.
1) Car was serviced at BOT and then went into storage
2) Trickle charger got turned off and battery died
3) engine start with fan on and running only in limp mode
4) hazard lights locked to Amber
5) Removed fuse 8, disconnected battery - hazard light fault goes away
6) 10 miles drive to work no problem
7) sits in work car park for 8hrs and after 2 miles on way home limp mode, various resets and i get it home after 4 bouts of limp mode
6) P0300 code ( i think) random miss fire...
7) take to local garage, spark are corroded and coil pack is corroded
8) Replace both items - new fault code
9) Fault code is Cam Shaft Sensor - replace this
10) 3 mile test drive and its back in limp mode still claiming cam shaft sensor
the garage think the next best option is check the timing on the chain (boys at Back On Track said it didn't need changing at last service) the garage it is at will take HOURS to just try and remove the rear clam... any one have any suggestions. as basic as my thoughts are all they have done is reset the fault codes. could it maybe just need fuse 8 being pulled out for 15mins...???
please note i am not technically minded but any advice would be great, the forum is coming up a little light as all the logical steps have been covered... please help me wise ones!
Edited by jonkelly, 09 April 2019 - 03:23 PM.