Suspension Hard Points

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 markanswrth

markanswrth

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Does anyone know the suspension hard points for the VX/elise, ie X,Y,Z, positions of the pick up points for the chassis, wishbones, dampers, steering etc. Reason being is that I'm trying to map the suspenion profile in a rather nerdy geometry program that we use at work in attempt to understand it a bit better. 

This is probably an optimistic request, but I thought it might exist with the amount of people that track VX's, Elises etc.

I'm having a search around the Lotus forums but to no luck, thought I would ask here to see if someone has come across it.

#2 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Used to have all the coordinate information stored in a software package called Adams 

#3 markanswrth

markanswrth

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

Used to have all the coordinate information stored in a software package called Adams 

Good old Adams. This software is similar but a bit more bespoke for suspension. Did you just measure the points yourself or get them from somewhere?

#4 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:08 PM

If you find them, please post info here.

#5 joshua

joshua

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

If you find them, please post info here.

Yes this would be very handy.

#6 markanswrth

markanswrth

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:39 AM

No joy yet. I might try and borrow some inspection kit to measure it myself but probably won’t be for a while

Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:45 AM

Did you ever get an XYZ list?

#8 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:43 AM

Unfortunately a lot of regular forum contributors have migrated to Facebook for reasons that I don't understand, have you tried posting this there?

Posted 02 August 2021 - 09:55 AM

I haven't no. Just looking for info relating to suspension setup and came across this. I have a piece of software I could do the analysis with. It's not high up my priority list at the moment otherwise I would measure it for myself but it takes a good day to do it properly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users