Photo

Z22Se Oil Filter Housing Tool (Short Term Borrow)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bazworth89

Bazworth89

• 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:42 PM

Good evening all-
I'm a long time listener, first time caller as they say on the radio.

Last year I picked up a 2000 VX220 2.2 NA in need of a new clutch slave cylinder and a good all-round servicing; this eventually escalated into an engine rebuild and S/C conversion, thanks in part to some of the builds on this forum! Among other things, I am looking to fit a CBM remote oil filter adaptor; this should eliminate the seal ring failure modes and make the build a bit more unique.

I'm looking to borrow an oil filter housing tool (with the 6 castellated lugs) to release the standard sandwich plate. ChippyFA recommended to ask the forum if:
a) Any members in the Northampton/Milton Keynes area have a tool they would be willing for me to collect and borrow, or
B) Any members further afield would be willing to lend theirs via post.

It should hopefully only be for a few days. Of course I'll cover all the costs and gladly pay a hire rate!

My target is to get the build complete by the Silverstone Classic next year, it will be great to get to know you all in future!
Cheers, Tom.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

#2 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

I have one you can borrow but I don't want to post it. Too much risk etc with the rate at which things get lost. I'm in Cheshire near Nantwich if you fancy the trip.

#3 Bazworth89

Bazworth89

• 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the offer FLD, it's much appreciated. If I'd have thought ahead when the block was stripped I would definitely have made the trip up. The engine, clutch and gearbox are back together now so the unit is not really mobile until it's back powering the car!
I will keep your offer in mind, in case this becomes a running modification with the car back on the road.

I know what you mean about postage these days - the amount of problems I've had recently, especially with some of the low cost 'couriers for hire' type companies...
Cheers, Tom

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users