Heater (Fezz) ...not Working, Advice Please

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 ICD

ICD

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

so the fan drops off , okay that explains something on mine , lots of air movement in the compartment, but bugger all output

I,m sure you would have checked, but make sure the air hose hasnt jumped its (large) jubilee clips at either end, very easy to come loose if it hasnt been put on corectly and tightened due to lack of space.

Found that this was a 2 man job to keep clips in place when tightening to be 100% of then locating deep enough. The ridge from the heater box / fan and also into the passenger compartment could do with being at least a full centimeter rather than just about the height of the clip itself.

checked output from top of fez box, its minimal.

need to workout easiest way to clamp off water circuit for removal.

There is need to clamp off water circuit of the hoses, jack car up at front so any flow is to the rear. Keep the two hoses pointing upwards and tiewrap out of the way whilst you work on removing.

The only coolant lost is what is in the heater matrix on take off, about half a cup full, and nothing when ypou refix as the coolant has moved towards the rear of the lines, just top up avery little when the job is done.

(Sounds like I,m an expert, but just a good apprentice and watched very stage of the work being carried out. Apart from the dremel it seemed the best tool was a pair of long pincers, in order to hold the allen keys that held the fan to the heater matrix, and remember to use magnetic ones.) (It will be a  sod when everything is virtually in place and you drop a screw or allen bolt into the chasm!)

Also test the fan is working as required before putting anything back in situ.

The final work is to tiewrap the loom back into place and replace the cover on the right (as looking at the car), it has to come off to get the hrater in, it really is a tight squeeze.

#42 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:21 PM

It did pretty well to be fair, the idea was a good one and the effort to get it into production spectacular, but the Fez heater came to the end of it's life. I think it did 8 years. Not bad.

It had long stopped working, maybe two or three years ago, and was starting to smell of coolant. 

So today, it got replaced with a T7. 

fairwell. thumbsup

qXatbSd.jpg

#43 oldjoe

oldjoe

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:01 PM

It did pretty well to be fair, the idea was a good one and the effort to get it into production spectacular, but the Fez heater came to the end of it's life. I think it did 8 years. Not bad.

It had long stopped working, maybe two or three years ago, and was starting to smell of coolant. 

So today, it got replaced with a T7. 

fairwell. thumbsup

qXatbSd.jpg

what are you doing with the old unit? could probably be repaired and have a mechanical valve fitted

#44 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:09 AM

I binned it...

#45 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:49 AM

The fan unit displays the usual failure around the flange.  JG did the right thing

#46 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:10 AM

:lol:  Flange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users