Photo

Ready To Spend Some Money

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 menright

menright

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Building Props for TV and Film.

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:59 AM

Hi. Been following this brilliant forum for a while now and decided, at last to take the plunge and buy my first vx220. Been looking around and it seems that the condition of these car varies massively even in the same price bracket. I have a max of £15,000 to spend which I think will buy me a reasonable car. Any other owners in the Wiltshire area? One quick question. I came across a car with very low milage, great overall condition and good service history but it had one problem. On the passenger side just behind the front wheel the body work had been broken. Small crack in the top of the bodywork but very large cracks underneath, all in the plastic/fibreglass. Would it be difficult to remove the side panels to get behind the panel to fix it or is this a project I should walk away from. Just wondering what the view is on fixing damaged bodywork on these cars?

Mark

#2 martinf

martinf

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:29 AM

Hi,

I'm no expert on the VX220 as I only bought mine about a year ago. However, I've done quite a bit of preventative maintenance to mine (standard 2.2 NA) so know a reasonable amount. I'm unable to comment on repairing the body however, but please feel free to PM me, Martin.

#3 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

Hi. Been following this brilliant forum for a while now and decided, at last to take the plunge and buy my first vx220. Been looking around and it seems that the condition of these car varies massively even in the same price bracket. I have a max of £15,000 to spend which I think will buy me a reasonable car. Any other owners in the Wiltshire area? One quick question. I came across a car with very low milage, great overall condition and good service history but it had one problem. On the passenger side just behind the front wheel the body work had been broken. Small crack in the top of the bodywork but very large cracks underneath, all in the plastic/fibreglass. Would it be difficult to remove the side panels to get behind the panel to fix it or is this a project I should walk away from. Just wondering what the view is on fixing damaged bodywork on these cars?
Mark

If the damage is in the clam ie the front bit that comes back to the doors, then replacement ( non OEM ) clams are available, just change the whole item, it's non structural, structural damage to the chassis which you cannot see is more concerning

#4 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,864 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:13 PM

Suspect if the damage is slight it can easily be repaired anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users