Tech2 Or 2015+ Op-Com

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:05 AM

Looking for a little help in the Peterborough/east Anglia region if anyone can please, obviously willing to travel a bit if needed.

I need to change the variant coding on the Z22SE Delco GMPT E15 ECU. This function wasn't added to op-com until after the 2014 version, so I'm not able to do it with what I have, so I think I really need either Tech2, or a newer version of op-com, if anyone has one?

#2 aquilaproejct

aquilaproejct

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:35 AM

That's odd. My old version of opcom could change variant coding when I had my Astra ecu in the vx

#3 blackoctagon

blackoctagon

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:37 AM

Hello,
Is this to put a non-VX220 (Astra, Vectra etc) ECU into your VX220, or to put the VX220 ECU in another car?

I ask as you can re-write the binary (Map you may call it) of any GMPT15 for the VX220 and the config file does not matter to the operation.

If you tell me what you are trying to do I may have options for you (or maybe not!).

#4 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:20 PM

I have an Astra map already running on the N/A, but it needs the ABS coding out as the ECU is putting the EML on as it’s not getting the handshake back from the ABS. No other fault codes to worry about. I’m using the Astra map as there are some extra functions I need.

#5 aquilaproejct

aquilaproejct

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:37 PM

Did you turn off the second fuel sender? Mine was grumpy about that too.

#6 blackoctagon

blackoctagon

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:38 PM

I had a look at my own Op-Com and tried to tell it that it was a Vectra - and I find the same issue with variant coding; It wont.
I can't be of any help here, but i'm now pricing up a Tech2 for when the day comes.

As a matter of nosiness, what extra features are you using on a 2.2 in a VX ?

#7 ayresyy

ayresyy

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:53 AM

I had a look at my own Op-Com and tried to tell it that it was a Vectra - and I find the same issue with variant coding; It wont.
I can't be of any help here, but i'm now pricing up a Tech2 for when the day comes.

As a matter of nosiness, what extra features are you using on a 2.2 in a VX ?

Cruise control is the first on the list. After a quick chat with Peter, once the ECU goes Dutch, whatever is already coded and working should stay working with the new firmware.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users