Photo

Wiring Routing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 menright

menright

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Building Props for TV and Film.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:31 PM

I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes. I love the way this car is made however it seems virtually impossible to route wiring from the interior cabin to the rear of the car. Is there something I am missing here, a point at which wiring can be routed from the cabin through the engine bay and into the boot area? I have been redesigning the interior of the car ( pics will follow soon) adding a new centre console for SatNav and rear camera, upgrading the sound systems and generally having a bit of fun with the interior, however, trying to route wiring for the rear view cameras through from the cabin to the rear of the car has been a nightmare. 

Any help or pics would be welcome. 

#2 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

If on the left side you remove the plastic sill cover, you can see inside the sill via a gap.
From the left rear arch, you can see incoming pipework, that goes along near that sill gap.

Then with rear left arch removed, you can see at the top where the loom enters the boot section.

Inside the sill there are 2 styrophone "walls" you will have to pass.

First one is 2 cm thick, and you will have to punch "through". Second is a 15cm one, you will have to route underneath.

Another option is seat out, rear speaker enclosure out and you will see a hole on the passenger side entering the firewall section of the engine bay.
From there you can route wiring via the earlier described section where the look enters the boot.

Neither of these are easy tasks.

Edited by smiley, 21 December 2020 - 03:49 PM.

#3 menright

menright

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Building Props for TV and Film.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:53 PM

Brilliant thanks, why did it have to be the passenger seat, still not managed to get that out yet, who designed this car??????

#4 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 04:31 PM

who designed this car??????

Niels Loeb.

https://de.linkedin....s-loeb-64837656

Edited by smiley, 21 December 2020 - 04:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users