New Fezz Heater/blower.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CARTEK-VX220

CARTEK-VX220

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:38 PM

I've just put an unused Fezzasus heater/blower kit on Ebay. Search for item: 274711032140

I bought it from another VX220 enthusiast but like them, I've since sold my car before getting around to upgrading the original, faulty heater. It's quite a few years old but never installed or used. Due to its age it does have a number of marks from storage.

As I never got to install it I can't give any advice on installation but there is information available elsewhere on this forum.

#2 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 08 March 2021 - 04:48 PM

Great product that, fitted quite a few of them back in the day

#3 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:42 PM

I think several, if not many, have been since replaced with the T7

#4 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:51 PM

T7 seems a better option but are out of stock on the website (and have been for a while )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:11 AM

Have you been away?

#6 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:02 PM

:lol: 

:popcorn:

#7 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 07:53 PM

No they are shit. Sorry to post this in a FS thread, but they are. Think of this as an Amazon review. 1 star. 

Most come out looking like this

clh3NGh.jpg

#8 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

Not wanting to stir, but these things were the best thing since sliced bread 5 or 6 years ago...?

What happened.. surely better than the OEM?

#9 stigg10

stigg10

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:52 PM

I had one in my previous vxt and can attest that it was comfortably 100% better than stock - in that it did the one job of getting hot air into the cabin - and could _actually_ demist the screen (all be it very slowly).

In my current vxt I have the t7 and would say thats 100% up on the fez. It will actually keep you warm once up to temperature and demist the screen (all be it slowly).

#10 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:52 AM

Fezz better than OEM. By miles.

#11 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:17 AM

They aren't though. They may be temporarily better heaters, but they leak cooling fluid, whereas the OEM is not a very good heater but the rads are very solid. 

The rad in the Fez is a computer cooler and just not up the job at least not now that they are a few years old. Add the failing valves from Ford and the dodgy electronics and you have a bit of a recipe for unreliability. 

I ripped it out because I was worried about reliability not heating proficiency. 

The T7 is much better. It has a proper rad, no electronics and is very nicely made. 

Fez heaters were a triumph in design for DIY, amazing really, but not one to keep in the car now. 

#12 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:46 PM

They aren't though. They may be temporarily better heaters, but they leak cooling fluid, whereas the OEM is not a very good heater but the rads are very solid. 

The rad in the Fez is a computer cooler and just not up the job at least not now that they are a few years old. Add the failing valves from Ford and the dodgy electronics and you have a bit of a recipe for unreliability. 

I ripped it out because I was worried about reliability not heating proficiency. 

The T7 is much better. It has a proper rad, no electronics and is very nicely made. 

Fez heaters were a triumph in design for DIY, amazing really, but not one to keep in the car now. 

Completely agree. Ironically I copied the use of the computer water cooler from T7designs, as he used these a lot in his early designs and I really struggled to find anything designed for a car that would fit in the weird space we have. Worse still, the packaging meant I had to mount the fan upside down. Combine cold days with stiff suspension and that puts a lot of stress through the fan mount and lead to them breaking. The T7design doesn't actually get away from that issue as his is a derived from my packaging approach. It's likely the reason he's not selling it any more.

What would I do if I had another go at it? I'd pull the plastic cover off the laser cut vents in the footwell, make a duct that fed all of those and put the largest automotive heater core on it. However I'm not sure I could cope with any more issues so that's not something I'll ever do

#13 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:01 AM

[It's likely the reason he's not selling it any more.

He is selling it.

#14 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:33 PM

He is selling it.

They've been out of stock long enough for people to reach out to me for heaters. Every time I direct them to T7design I'm told they're out of stock. If I were Adam, I'd want to keep a stock over winter...

#15 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:44 PM

He is selling it.
They've been out of stock long enough for people to reach out to me for heaters. Every time I direct them to T7design I'm told they're out of stock. If I were Adam, I'd want to keep a stock over winter...
They’re out of stock because he’s sold out. They were in stock a couple of weeks ago.

#16 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 02:34 PM

He is selling it.
They’re out of stock because he’s sold out. They were in stock a couple of weeks ago.

Brexit in it!  Customs hold ups. Paperwork. Mailing charges and the fact you can't even put a wee bag of Haribo's in without a vets certificate too.

Bloody Brexit. Life was peachy when we just had to give them a £15bn a year bung to "forget the paperwork" at the borders.

#17 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:43 PM

Ah, but it’s worth it ‘cos they’ll make sure our vaccines are OK ;)

#18 CARTEK-VX220

CARTEK-VX220

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 09:46 AM

The winning Ebay bidder for my Fezz heater just cancelled the order so it's back on Ebay if anyone wants to bid again:

https://www.ebay.co....tm/274724401308

#19 T VXT

T VXT

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:06 PM

Hi all,

Just an FYI for any future sales of these Fez heaters.

I purchased this never used but assembled Fez heater (needed some replacement parts for mine) and unfortunately the fan snapped at the mounting points in the post.

Theres quite a few cases of this happening while installed in the car after a few years. I would suggest anyone else posting one of these, unscrews the fan from the mounting plate to avoid the same issue.

Me and the seller came to an amicable arrangement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users