34 replies to this topic

#21 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 02 August 2021 - 08:50 PM

Ivor, im Aylesbury, Bucks. Whats included in the duct kit?

Bugger, I was at Silverstone at the weekend.,.I'm in West Wales

#22 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 03 August 2021 - 07:39 AM

Ivor, im Aylesbury, Bucks. Whats included in the duct kit?

Duct pipe and shrouds for the discs, I can dig it out and photo if interested, not sure how I'd get it to you in time though, you have to drill some holes iirc
Kit also has intake cones that fit in the fog lamp hole, and instructions...

#23 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:18 PM

Sounds ideal mate. Message me a posted price mate if you can.

#24 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:12 PM

Sounds ideal mate. Message me a posted price mate if you can.

I need to find what I paid for it....

#25 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:16 PM

Appears to be £150 plus postage
http://www.vx220.org...ng-ducts/page-4

#26 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:18 PM

Not sure how quickly you need them if you still need them at £150, forgot to pick them up today, they are at my other house, away this weekend possible to get in post next week if wifey posts them, I'm on a course:(

#27 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 08:59 PM

wow. Thats a load of money. I can make something similar for £30. So thanks but no thanks

#28 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 04 August 2021 - 06:04 AM

wow. Thats a load of money. I can make something similar for £30. So thanks but no thanks

No problems

#29 piwo

piwo

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 08:01 AM

Aby to uwzględnić, planuję przenieść standardowe przednie zaciski do tyłu z klockami RC6.

Pomimo nowiutkiego płynu RBF660, nowiutkich klocków RC6, kilka dni temu wygotowałem płyn w Bedford. Hamuję bardzo późno i mocno. Zrobiłem to samo w moim ostatnim samochodzie torowym. Ostatnim był Renaultsport megane R26. Jedynym sposobem na wyleczenie tego było użycie płynu Endless RF650 z klockami RC6 na standardowych zaciskach Brembo.

W przyszłym miesiącu wyjeżdżam do Anglesea i nie chcę, żeby była to zmarnowana podróż, więc muszę napiąć hamulce.

I had the same problem with rbf660. Maybe it's problem with this fluid. the pedal crashed into the floor after two trackdays since the replacement ( two months). I am using ferodo dsuno and 288 disk.

#30 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 08:27 AM

Not to cast doubt on one's mechanical ability but it is quite easy to leave a bit of old boiled fluid in the calliper. You need to remove and invert the fronts as far as I recall to get it all out. 

#31 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:37 PM

The new fluid was pressure fed so pretty sure all the old was out. It was a Gunson ezebleed or  similar? Where its attached to a low PSI car tyre and pushes the fluid through

Ivor, ive just re read my answer to you. It seemed snappy. It wasn't meant that way and i appreciate your input on my, sometimes stupid questions lol

#32 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,869 posts
    and now bees

Posted 04 August 2021 - 09:56 PM

The new fluid was pressure fed so pretty sure all the old was out. It was a Gunson ezebleed or similar? Where its attached to a low PSI car tyre and pushes the fluid through

Ivor, ive just re read my answer to you. It seemed snappy. It wasn't meant that way and i appreciate your input on my, sometimes stupid questions lol

Not at all, no problems

#33 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 09:29 AM

If you haven't done it I'd remove the fronts and invert them. It's a faff but I've heard from a couple of people servicing brakes (my own included) that needed to do it. When my car went to MMG years ago it needed doing and took Liam ages to get them working. I also had a binding rear calliper that caused all manner of problems. Worth checking that isn't compounding the issue heat wise when on track. I think this winter I'll do a calliper refurb myself. Fully remove, refresh and then re-bleed the lot. 

#34 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 06 August 2021 - 01:07 PM

Just be aware that when you start playing with calliper sizes and ratios your pedal feel can go to sh*t.  

I know from personal experience as here http://www.vx220.org...hl=+soft +pedal

If you decided to rectify with the Cayenne master cylinder, here's what you need to do to it (also need to increase the length of the push rod on the pedal by about 8mm)....http://www.vx220.org.../?hl=conversion

Edited by TheRealVXed, 06 August 2021 - 01:08 PM.

#35 F757lkk@gmail.com

F757lkk@gmail.com

• 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 01:24 PM

Just be aware that when you start playing with calliper sizes and ratios your pedal feel can go to sh*t.  

I know from personal experience as here http://www.vx220.org...hl=+soft +pedal

If you decided to rectify with the Cayenne master cylinder, here's what you need to do to it (also need to increase the length of the push rod on the pedal by about 8mm)....http://www.vx220.org.../?hl=conversion

Cheers for that. Its an interesting read and loads of good pointers. How do you find the braking now its all back together? Also, what front discs did you use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users