#1 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts
  • Interests:25%

Posted 24 November 2021 - 12:19 PM

Hi all,

I plan to install ITBs after Christmas (I've been a good boy  :rolleyes: ).

I need a cable throttle. Anyone know where I can get a kit, or what I pieces I can use?

I sent Dave Hardwick an email about his throttle but not got a reply so not sure he is still making them. Cable Throttle Pedal | Dave Hardwick Engineering

#2 TheHood

TheHood

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:World domination, a liking of unconvincing disguises, Malaysian temple restoration and nice words like "flange".

Posted 24 November 2021 - 03:41 PM

With the Webcon ITB's I used an early K series S2 Elise throttle cable with Dave's pedal. Dave adapted his standard design to accommodate the S2 cable with a cylindrical piece but this interfered with the lower chassis cross beam so I had to cut and weld it (badly) at a different angle to fit. I went with Daves design to allow me to set the pedal height for heal and toeing but to to get enough pedal travel I had to set it roughly to the standard position. I'm sure with further fettling of linkage lengths I could get it to where I wanted it.

I'll PM you some pics.

Try calling Dave on the number on his website - I don't think he bothers much with email.

Alternatively you could see if Webber have any bits left for the pedal setup they did for the Webcon kits.

#3 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 12:40 AM

Thanks Scott.  thumbsup

#4 som1979

som1979

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 April 2022 - 05:19 AM

How did you get on with fitting ITB?

#5 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 10:42 PM

Still to be fitted. I have the rear clam off and have stripped down inlet. Doing some work on the rear struts and hubs plus fitting a new suspension at the moment.

I got a throttle pedal from Monkey Wrench Racing for the conversion 

Innovative Throttle Pedal – Lotus Elise-Exige 06+ K-series Swap | Monkeywrench Racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users