• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 number-1

number-1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 06:31 PM

Hi folks

VXT boost issues...........in 3rd or 4th gear, with my foot flat to the floor and wide open throttle, the car sort of momentarily hesitates and you can hear the hiss of the recirc valve, as if i had taken my foot off the throttle....but i hadn't. It did it sort of every 500rpm increase....so 3k,3.5k,4k,4.5k etc with my foot flat on the pedal

I cant think of a better way to describe it. When the recirc valve hisses the engine looses power fractionally.....so its almost like flooring it then easing up on the pedal, then flooring it, then easing up....like maybe every second at full throttle....or running on foot and someone tugging your shoulder with 1 finger then letting go every 10 metres

I hasn't thrown an EML and no stored codes with Opcom apart from Aux water pump, however thats been there since ive owned the car and never caused this type of issue. . Ive ruled the MAF out by unplugging and driving to see if it stays the same, which it did, and also threw the EML up when disconnected. The car runs sweet apart from the 'surging' or whatever its called

I fitted new plugs, belts, pulleys, oil, filters, etc etc under 100 miles ago

Any ideas? I have a new Boost control solenoid, a Forge recirc valve and some new vacuum hose on the way. The previous owner said he changed the BCS about a year before i bought the car as it suffered from lack of boost in all gears

Anything else i need to be checking?

#2 ayresyy

ayresyy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 07:48 PM

Worth checking the diaphragm in the recirc valve itself hasn’t got a split in it.

#3 number-1

number-1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:40 PM

Nothing obvious ayresyy but i suppose under boost conditions a tiny hole could expand? Hopefully what i do rectifies the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users