Photo

Interior Storage Solutions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 911gt2

911gt2

• 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 11:43 AM

Yeah, yeah, I know, keep it pure. But yesterday I took my Speedster up fro my first real outing. (Just got this car on Wednesday.) So I brought all the stuff I usually bring.

Phone, sunglasses, medicine, sunblock, earplugs (for the highway bits) phone, wallet, charger and a cap.

So my phone sits neatly in the quadlock mounted on front of the center console, charger in the cigarette lighter.

But that leaves all the other crap floating around on the passengers seat. And I don't like that. So I'm looking if there is a common used bag, or storage solution used by others which I can use too. To stop my car becoming a mess after some twisties

Ideally I would want to have a small bag with some velcro to stick it on the floor mats or something like that with I can take out easily.

Any tips?

#2 TheHood

TheHood

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:World domination, a liking of unconvincing disguises, Malaysian temple restoration and nice words like "flange".

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:22 PM

Have you found the little storage box on the back of the passenger seat?

There also used to be an optional storage net available for the bulkhead, but good luck finding one of those these days.

#3 911gt2

911gt2

• 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:27 PM

Have you found the little storage box on the back of the passenger seat?

There also used to be an optional storage net available for the bulkhead, but good luck finding one of those these days.

I think I have, but it came as a separate piece to the car.  :mellow: Is it the hard plastic squared one?

#4 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• 10,587 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 01:14 PM

Yes, that squared plastic thing. Barely big enough to store the car papers, and difficult to access.
Most use the pouch that was an option from opel/vauxhall.
Oficially it requires drilling in the aluminium to mount, but mine has been snuckly fit just by the pressure from the plastic sill cover.

There are 2 versions. The cloth one that was officially an NA thing, and the leather version that was an improved one.
The latter was wider at the end on the driver side, and was more strechable at the top. (I considered the NA one useless)
I stuff my satnav and glasses at the rear, and the thin stuff like car papers at the front part.
They are difficult to come by these days, so i would advise to replicate the turbo one.
pouch.jpg

Some put in an aftermarket small storage net on the side sill like this:
https://www.camperpa...-366x180mm.html
If you need to haul more crap, i would suggest to build a custom pouch in the back.

Edited by smiley, 26 June 2022 - 01:37 PM.

#5 Ivor

Ivor

Scary Internerd

• 2,283 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 26 June 2022 - 06:13 PM

Get a pet octopus

#6 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 June 2022 - 10:24 AM

Depends on how macho you feel you need to be.  I have a manbag which takes a tablet, Sony sound cancelling headphones, (now changed for the earbuds a fraction of the size) glasses, sunglasses, notebook, medication and other stuff with room to spare, which I just put in the passenger footwell.  I first started using one when I was abroad many years ago but basically stuffing things in your pockets is not practical especially when it's warm and I'm not wearing a jacket, and these are things I need to carry with me away from the car.  I have this one

https://www.thetanne...rossbody-912315

which I bought in Italy in Salo about three years ago.  I've just used at the airport the other week to carry my docs and then Italy when driving a hire car because again I needed to carry all my docs with me.  Obviously you can get something similar a lot cheaper.  I think the stigma that might have been attached to a man carrying one these has mostly gone although I've reached the stage where I don't give a sh!t what anyone thinks anyway.

#7 911gt2

911gt2

• 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 01:20 PM

Depends on how macho you feel you need to be.  I have a manbag which takes a tablet, Sony sound cancelling headphones, (now changed for the earbuds a fraction of the size) glasses, sunglasses, notebook, medication and other stuff with room to spare, which I just put in the passenger footwell.  I first started using one when I was abroad many years ago but basically stuffing things in your pockets is not practical especially when it's warm and I'm not wearing a jacket, and these are things I need to carry with me away from the car.  I have this one

https://www.thetanne...rossbody-912315

which I bought in Italy in Salo about three years ago.  I've just used at the airport the other week to carry my docs and then Italy when driving a hire car because again I needed to carry all my docs with me.  Obviously you can get something similar a lot cheaper.  I think the stigma that might have been attached to a man carrying one these has mostly gone although I've reached the stage where I don't give a sh!t what anyone thinks anyway.

I have given up what others think about me a long time ago.

I like your tip, thanks!

#8 Gzwg

Gzwg

• 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 07:59 AM

Instead of the original sill pockets, you can get cheap ones that work the same:

https://de.banggood....95&rmmds=search

Just put them between the seat and the sill, they won't have space to move.

I bought mine last year, when they had them in a checkered flag motive (wasn't brave enough to order the union jack ones.. :-) )

#9 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,526 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 06 July 2022 - 03:21 PM

Ebay has ones like above that I've got fitted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users