Scary Internerd

• 2,669 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 05 January 2024 - 03:18 PM

Fantastic achievement again Ivor !

When's the Channel swim planned for ?

Thank you
Swim is 2025, possibly sep 2024 depending on how the training goes when I get back

#22 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 05 January 2024 - 06:53 PM

I remember trying to swim the Channel.

I got lost and ended up swimming the Atlantic.

#23 Ivor

Ivor

Scary Internerd

• 2,669 posts
    and now bees

Posted 05 January 2024 - 07:31 PM

You wouldn't get out of the channel due to tidal flow

#24 KurtVerbose

KurtVerbose

His Serene Highness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
  • Interests:Big baps.

Posted 05 January 2024 - 10:03 PM

Rumbled again.

#25 Ivor

Ivor

Scary Internerd

• 2,669 posts
    and now bees

Posted 05 January 2024 - 10:48 PM

Rumbled again.
🤣

#26 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• 6,684 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 20 January 2024 - 08:50 AM

Ah, seen the facebook post now, thanks.

Did you have any altitude sickness? Highest I've been is 3500m at Jungfrau (ok, I took the train) and I had a headache.

No, I did not get any altitude sickness, 3rd time I've been above 6000m, it was quite a fast ascent too, some big increases per day, previously been a lot slower, we had one who had acute HAPE and had to go down from camp one, others found it hard, only 4 out of our team of 10 summited and I found it physically exhausting and was done in by the time we got back to camp 3, 14 hour day, 1000m ascent and 1000m descent (6000m to 7000m and back) tough ain't the word.
Ivor

Well done..I can sympathise about the toughness bit...its all about the mental grit and determination of not failing...mind against body, whilst listening to everyone around pueking up and having to be taken down immeadiately...well done again

..this time last year climbing Kilmanjaro it was much the same, just 4 hours rest at Final base camp and then over 7 hours to complete the peak ascent of 700 metres of just 3 miles distance..and then of course 6 hours back down, then just another 3 hours rest and a further 1000 metres descent to evening base camp...36 hours in total before proper shut eye...I didnt ..or couldnt eat anything but fruit for 3 days after

Where next Ivor??
Swimming the channel

Ivor spotted practicing for cross-channel swim:

https://www.bbc.co.u...-wales-68036506

#27 Ivor

Ivor

Scary Internerd

• 2,669 posts
    and now bees

Posted 20 January 2024 - 06:12 PM

Did you have any altitude sickness? Highest I've been is 3500m at Jungfrau (ok, I took the train) and I had a headache.

No, I did not get any altitude sickness, 3rd time I've been above 6000m, it was quite a fast ascent too, some big increases per day, previously been a lot slower, we had one who had acute HAPE and had to go down from camp one, others found it hard, only 4 out of our team of 10 summited and I found it physically exhausting and was done in by the time we got back to camp 3, 14 hour day, 1000m ascent and 1000m descent (6000m to 7000m and back) tough ain't the word.
Ivor
Well done..I can sympathise about the toughness bit...its all about the mental grit and determination of not failing...mind against body, whilst listening to everyone around pueking up and having to be taken down immeadiately...well done again

..this time last year climbing Kilmanjaro it was much the same, just 4 hours rest at Final base camp and then over 7 hours to complete the peak ascent of 700 metres of just 3 miles distance..and then of course 6 hours back down, then just another 3 hours rest and a further 1000 metres descent to evening base camp...36 hours in total before proper shut eye...I didnt ..or couldnt eat anything but fruit for 3 days after

Where next Ivor??
Swimming the channel

Marion saw it yesterday, it was back again today, quite unbelievable

#28 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• 6,684 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 20 January 2024 - 09:00 PM

Ivor

Where next Ivor??
Swimming the channel

Beautiful animals, saw a few at Illusiat last year. Amazing to think they are swimming around Pembrokeshire!

#29 Ivor

Ivor

Scary Internerd

• 2,669 posts
    and now bees

Posted 21 January 2024 - 12:52 AM

Ivor

Where next Ivor??
Swimming the channel

Beautiful animals, saw a few at Illusiat last year. Amazing to think they are swimming around Pembrokeshire!
In the harbour!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users