Harness Bar: Here Is Mine!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:35 PM

today I spent 3 hrs at the steel shop , and this is the result:

Attached Files

#2 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:40 PM

here is another one.... the structure is SUPER-stiff, with the perforated steel bar behind the hose, that acts as a support for any harness mount . this version requires the removal of the rear plastic insulation. it looks terrific! very racy! B) tomorrow I shold get a hold of the (red)4-points harnesses, and will try to install'em.... :drink:

Attached Files

#3 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:44 PM

mount detail.... still have to put it on the scale, but it should not be overly taxing... :o :unsure: ...I gues I could hask for more holes to be drilled... :lol: :lol:

Attached Files

#4 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:22 PM

this version requires the removal of the rear plastic insulation.

Very nice, Ricky!

For those who wish to keep the plastic panel, it should just be a question of choosing angulation of mounting bracket to suit.

Need to avoid speakers and leave maximum seat adjustment for taller drivers.

Surely Vauhall/Lotus can do this for us for a reasonable price?

#5 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:48 PM

allright, just finished installing the 4 ponts-harnesses.... B) they feel and look B) B) I was a bit in shock when I realized that the straps were oversized, impossible to make'em tight.......but it soon dawned on me that all I needed was a good cutter... :D ....so I cut away every stitched-ends and removed a good 50cm of belt from each point..... :o now they are nice and snug... :P experimented a bit with the bar bolts width, then I settled for a snug bolt attachments.....about 20 cm away from each other. what I was most worried was the seat attachments, but at the end they fitted great, nicely sandwiched between the bolts and the stock belts. surely a race-seat with shoulder straps holes would be perfect, but even the stock seat is decent....straps run a tad wider on the clavicles, but the anchor-effect is there big time...... not being used to such a "straight-jacket" effect, it's a bit odd at first, being strapped so tight...can't even reach the heater knobs! :o :lol: :lol: will post a piccie tomorrow....

Edited by Ricky2772, 20 May 2003 - 07:51 PM.

#6 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:54 PM

Looks great Ricky. My solution should be fitted to the car next week. It will be removable and only need minor trim cutting. I've spoken to Lotus about this and they use Safety Devices who I've already fallen out with over pissing me around with harnesses...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users