Dbilas 2.2 Vx220 Flowtec Manifold

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 30 May 2003 - 11:35 AM

The only modification I have had done to my car is the exhaust. If I were to fit the dbilas manifold, what sort of power gans would I expect? This is Stage 4 in Regal's improvements to the 2.2 - can you skip the others stages? I'm aware there would need to be some sort of ECU upgrade, but from what people have said in the forum it doesn't appear that stage 1 (and therefore 2?) is worth getting. Is this correct? Andy.

#2 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:15 PM

You probably need to ask Regal about this one. When you say you have the exhaust do you mean full system or just the back box? I'm having the Dbilas intake manifold fitted next week but already have the full exhaust & remap which gave a reading of 167bhp on the rollers (Regals quote of 167bhp was after mine was fitted & tested) and has given a very noticable increase in useable power on the road particularly above 3000rpm. I believe that Regal claim 182bhp for the full mods including stage 4 and also seem to remember that in minimes car which was teasted on the rollers at the same time as mine it produced 186bhp. Will be interesting to see the differnce in rolling road figures though after my next visit to Regal versus those obtained fron the day which Thorney is arranging Paul

#3 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:31 PM

You probably need to ask Regal about this one. When you say you have the exhaust do you mean full system or just the back box?

Will be interesting to see the differnce in rolling road figures though after my next visit to Regal versus those obtained fron the day which Thorney is arranging

Paul

It's a full system.

I may give Regal a call when I have the time to pop down there - how long does the manifold take to fit?

Andy.

#4 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:59 PM

[
It's a full system.

I may give Regal a call when I have the time to pop down there - how long does the manifold take to fit?

Andy.

If you've got the full system then you're only lacking the remap so why skip this. It probably works better with the other mods rather tan by itself.

Understand the fitting of the intake manifold takes best part of a day but can let you know after Sat next weel when mine is done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users