• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:37 AM

thanks for that Amrit but it must be digital for me.

Surely the analog output signal would go straight into a digital camcorder though (Either S-Video or composite signal I would imagine)... I think what it means is that you can't plug it into your PC or laptop and use it as a webcam

#22 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:35 AM

Don't hold your breath over the VXT Sprint kit. It has to be evaluated by the bean counters at Vauxhall - remember the Sprint kit for the NA car didn't happen, and that has sold in greater numbers.

There MAY be limited run of 25 or so VXT Sprint cars, but again nothing is decided.

I got this from the horses mouth - the VX Brand Manager at Vauxhall.

I've held off getting the Regal exhaust as I want to see what Milltek/PVD/Courtenay come up with first.

Its true they are making only 25 VXT Sprints but it IS still planned to make some of the kit available as aftermarket - its completely different to the NA Sprint which was always made purely as a one off.

Most of it will be done via Lotus so I doubt it will be cheap. :blink:

Personally I'm going with Nitron for suspension as its pretty much better kit than the LSS stuff (at least comparable) and Miltek as even Vauxhall are looking at them to use - They make the exhausts for the 888 Astra so must be good. Brakes I'll wait for Sprint kit - I hear its excellent (6 pot fronts anyone?) Wheels I'll sort now, VXT Sprint will likely use same wheels as standard.

#23 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 12:52 PM

Thorney My info is that the aftermarket kit will only get made IF the 25 car run is done - so start praying guys ;)

#24 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 12:19 AM

Its true they are making only 25 VXT Sprints but it IS still planned to make some of the kit available as aftermarket - its completely different to the NA Sprint which was always made purely as a one off.

So is it still scheduled for April next year? I am itching to tweak mine at the mo but dont want to waste 3k if I end up buying a new car several months down the line.
God such a dilemma, do I buy a sprint, or buy used or new turbo and add the sprint stuff at a later date?
Must admit if there will only be 25 it will be a pretty rare sight!
Cant they do a Ferrari thing where you have to be a previous VX owner to buy one B)

#25 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 12 June 2003 - 09:17 AM

Thorney
My info is that the aftermarket kit will only get made IF the 25 car run is done - so start praying guys ;)

MY info ;) is that the 25 WILL be made but no more. :P :) Spec has been signed off. What has not yet been decided is what kit will be made available aftermarket (due to warrnty questions) but WE (as in this site) will be consulted as to our opinion before any decisions are made.

#26 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 12 June 2003 - 09:35 AM

So is it still scheduled for April next year? I am itching to tweak mine at the mo but dont want to waste 3k if I end up buying a new car several months down the line.
God such a dilemma, do I buy a sprint, or buy used or new turbo and add the sprint stuff at a later date?
Must admit if there will only be 25 it will be a pretty rare sight!
Cant they do a Ferrari thing where you have to be a previous VX owner to buy one B)

I had the same dilemma and asked whether I should wait, I didn't for three reasons:

1. Sprint will be VERY stripped out (possibly no heater) making its road use more limited. If I was going for that extreme I'd have got a Radical - I want it for the road in regular use not just track.

2. Earliest availability will be next year, too damn long to wait for me :P

3. I drove various examples and remain convinced that the things that need changing to make the VXT the ultimate track/road car are: brakes, suspension, exhaust, power.

Brakes - various kits available but Sprint kit sounds spot on - will be pricey though.

Exhaust - Miltek (may even be used on Sprint - who knows), either way it is very high end kit.

Suspension - Niton is actually better kit than Bilstein (hence its price) and the fact I can have direct input into the design and set up can only be positive. Most people who race Elises ditch the bilstein kit and use Nitron - good enough for me.

Power - Sprint will use a diff turbo (can't say too much here) but needless to say it is an available part and can be done in the aftermarket - AMD have huge experience with the unit in question - hence my approaching them about mods.

Finally, modding is part of the fun - mine will be a car designed for me and my own use - the Sprint won't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users